• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Rules

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, so much weirdness... I wish someone could explain it clearly, or I wish I could see it on tape! That`s so ridiculously odd.

Natman20

International Debutant
Natman20 said:
I heard somewhere that if the ball is hit at the umpire and it bounces off and is caught, the batter will be out. Is that correct.
Has this ever happened in international cricket? Or in any cricket you've seen?
Have you seen anyone survive drop catches and then get run out?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
That's blatantly unfair and against the rules then. He gave the batsman out. He raised the finger.
They’re allowed to change decisions.

Not that I agree with it, I reckon once it’s made it’s made (I was similarly ****ed off with Arsenal having a penalty given against them reversed, rightly or wrongly).

Natman20

International Debutant
When a fielder hits the stumps with the ball do you think that if the batsmen were safe they can run another run. I'm not sure if this should be allowed or not

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Natman20 said:
Have you seen anyone survive drop catches and then get run out?
I dropped a return catch, and a bloke ran through, dived and whipped off the bails, being collected in the face by the batsman's knee.

Nice stuff. :D

hindsy

Cricket Spectator
In 1 of my games, my captain smacked 1 and got caught at a deepish cover point off a no-ball, he didnt know it was a no-ball and was walking off when he got run-out.... that was the wierdest ive seen...
Interestingly, you can be caught out when the ball rebounds off any part of a player except a helmet.

Marius

International Debutant
I think technically you are not allowed to run someone out when they leave their crease mistakenly thinking they are out. For instance in the 1992 WC, NZ was playing SA, a NZ bowler (can't remember who) bowled a waist-high full toss to Adrian Kuiper. Kuiper top-edged it and was caught. However, the umpire had called a no-ball because it was too high. Kuiper didn't know that a no-ball had been called and walked. The Kiwis then ran him out. This should not have been allowed. I think a similar incident happened between Aus and WI, when Ambrose? bowled Dean Jones with a no-ball. Jones left his crease thinking he was out, and Carl Hooper ran him out.

hindsy

Cricket Spectator
Yea im pretty sure you are right, but i cant quite remember if he realised half way off or something, in that case he would be out i think?