• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on Ice - St Moritz

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I was in St Moritz, Switzerland on the 3rd and 4th of this month and at the hotel reception desk I found cards and pamphlets of Cricket on Ice.

Curious, I picked up one and found that the semi finals and the finals were next morning. I decided to go to the lake where the games were being played and watch it before we left for Zurich where we had to get before late afternoon.

Next morning at breakfast, as I was getting up, I noticed quite a few men at another table with shirts saying Cricket on Ice. They turned out to be some of the players playing in the tournament. They seemed in no hurry to get to the ground and it was already late. I told myself that these guys may not be playing the first game. With wife, son and daughter-in-law we trooped on to the "ground". It was in a fabulous location but there was no sign of cricket going on and it was a full hour after the game was to start.

None of my family were keen to wait so I clicked some pictures of the great setting and moved on. Here are the pictures.

You can see the cricket area in two of the pictures with a orange boundary defined by those plastic cut out sheets like the ones used by civic authorities to cordon off areas where work is going on.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
SJS, were the Cricketers speaking English? Did they look like they'd be locals or people from more popular Cricket countries?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
SJS, were the Cricketers speaking English? Did they look like they'd be locals or people from more popular Cricket countries?
A couple of them looked like they were from the subcontinent and a couple were white. Our table was not close enough to hear them.

From the pictures on their site there seem to be Asians dominating but there are whites too.

Cricket on Ice, St Moritz

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Later, when we were to catch the train to Zurich, I ran off to the edge of the lake (the station is on the edge of the lake) and saw some cricketers practicing and clicked some pictures. It was from far off but you can see the cricket :)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Excellent stuff SJS. Thanks for posting the pics. Love the last one. Have set it as desktop wallpaper. I have seen the highest cricket pitch in the world in Chail in Himachal Pradesh as a teenager.

Read Rain Men and Penguings Stopped Play which is about a cricket XI which played in every subcontinent if you want.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
wow this has come along way. Big names are starting a 2 match series televised now.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
so annoyed at the way I wrote a long way.

Dilshan Afridi Sehwag Symonds Hussey Jayawardene Akhtar Kallis GSmith to name just a few playing. On 507 in australia.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hussey run out first ball. They need the zinger bails for run outs, that took way too long. This is amazing to watch. Symonds at the crease, I dont exactly expect him to suit these conditions.