• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Coach release date set - 17th March

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
People are saying game x,y are a newer version. So I wouldask what the originals costed to create a comparison.

Trying to give reasons for it being priced high like its a new game blah blah wouldn't do any good if people don't buy the game. The adage goes 'the consumer is always right' and there is a lot of wisdom in it.

The wild reactions show people want to buy the game but aren't willing to at the specific price. Maybe the developers want to go for a skimming stratgey - target the people who want to buy it at the higher price and lower the price and target others after that.

The important thing is the makers of the game should analyse what they think are the reasons behind the wild reactions and not just discount them for their own benefit.

Just my two cents. Best of luck to the developers of the game and hope they make a lot of money out of it.

Last edited:

cricketboy29

International Regular
I must say though come to think about it, 25 pounds does seem like a lot of money, and in the long run, im sure the cricket coach team would benefit from lowering the price because atm your looking at umm....something in excess of 1500 rupees. Which would put it beyond the price range for quite a lot of people IMO.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
This isn't Oli or Glenn's web site as far as i know they dont check it all the time, perhaps you should be patient.

Josh

International Regular
Hey, I can hear my own echo in here!!

Been about 3-4 weeks since I first ask. Poor PR in my view.

phil sam

Cricket Spectator
Josh said:
Hey, I can hear my own echo in here!!

Been about 3-4 weeks since I first ask. Poor PR in my view.
Have to say I agree with Josh. Whilst you can appreciate that people are busy finalising the game it really wouldn't take much effort to check the messageboards once every month and answer a few questions.

This forum has become the only means of asking questions about the game, and so I don;t think it would be asking too much for someone to simply check back once in a while to respond to people, who when all said and done are going to be ones purchasing the game (and therefore for whom the primary concern should be in satisfying them).

If the producers of the game are too busy to spend a few minutes answering a few questions its a really sad world we live in.:@

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
phil sam said:
Have to say I agree with Josh. Whilst you can appreciate that people are busy finalising the game it really wouldn't take much effort to check the messageboards once every month and answer a few questions.

CW forums aren't officially connected to the game though - Oli and Glenn probably dont even know this thread exists.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
You guys wanna see bad companys go to the World Of Warcraft forums.. On the shaman forums it took 4 MONTHS for a GM to answer a question.... and that was the first time a Blizzard staff memeber had posted in there for 4months... This is a company who has 5million people playing there game.. On there own site. This is not Cricket Coaches site.

Chill..Relax... Go to there website.. send them an email and ask them to come here or something and make a questions topic.

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
Neil has kindly alerted us to this topic. Cricket Coach will be released Friday March 17th 2006 - priced at £24.99 as stated on the official website. We feel this is good value for money and the price is final. If you don't want to pay for the game, then we are not forcing you to purchase it. A demo will be available to play on the day of release.

Regards,
Glenn Stiemens.

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Glenn, good to see you on the forums. When will we be able to pre-order the game. I just want this out the way now. On the main site there is a "buy" option, but it just says that you can be emailed upon the release date being decided.

I'm prepared to purchase the first copy:cool:

nikb

Cricket Spectator
Cost Fair

I can't believe some of the knobby replies re cost. 25 pounds is very reasonable for a game.

I purchase quite a few games via the states. Virtually all from niche game companies and they range from $39 to $49 US.

In comparison I have purchased the most recent EA Cricket for $89 NZ. That was developed by a Canadian crowd (I think) and boy did that show. What a load of rubbish. Though that should be expected from EA. All they want is the teenage twitch dollar and stuff anybody over 30 with a bit of a brain. Ah feel better venting that. Also purchased Brian Lara and that is superb. Very enjoyable.

Those that are moaning. Get a life...or go out on your paper run and earn some money. I presume you are all below the age of 15.

This game looks to have some potential. So I'm keeping an eager eye out for a good objective preview/review. I suppose my main worry is that batting and the like may be based on an aggression bar (or something like that). Hope not.

Leighfs

Cricket Spectator
Patience

I just can't believe how impatient you all are bombarding the forum with all these questions about release dates and prices and then moaning when there is no reply! This is not even an official site for the game. There is no reason why the makers of Cricket Coach should be checking this on a regular basis and you should be grateful they look at it at all! Most game producers would not bother.

phil sam

Cricket Spectator
Leighfs said:
I just can't believe how impatient you all are bombarding the forum with all these questions about release dates and prices and then moaning when there is no reply! This is not even an official site for the game. There is no reason why the makers of Cricket Coach should be checking this on a regular basis and you should be grateful they look at it at all! Most game producers would not bother.

Alright Leighfs, Kindly point us in the direction of the cricket coach forum, it would be appreciated. I thought this might have occured to you since you obviously know there are questions piling up:wacko:

Incidentally yourr first post seems intent on simply winding people up and acting like a twit. I thought I had the monopoly on that:laugh:

James

Cricket Web Owner
There isn't an official Cricket Coach forum but the developers regularly visit this forum and a few others to my knowledge.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
What the heck? Two people make one post condemning people who whinge about the price. Mountains of credibility.