• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Coach 1.02 to be released

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
i downloaded the latest cricket coach today and have installed it using the wizard and evryting but everytime i click on it it says connect to internet...and now that ive connect to da net it does not open...ne 1 able 2 help?

surgeklick

Cricket Spectator
Does anyone else struggle like hell to score quickly enough to get any more than 150 in a 50 over match?

Even with Lehman and Vaughan with 4 lights of confidence, and both on near full agression I couldn't score more than 4 an over.

Also, why do we have to have at least 3 wicketkeepers in our squad? I only want 2, but I'm not allowed to release the 3rd choice.

Last edited:

yorkie

Cricket Spectator
I find the scoring issue also. The computer seems to get 70+ off 10 overs, whereas Vaughan and Wood can hardly get 50! Maybe its just my bowling! Surgeklick, how are you doing as Yorkshire? I always seem to struggle in the 50 over game, but am not bad in the county championship. Do you find Craig White has a no ball problem?

Timewell

U19 Debutant
surgeklick said:
Does anyone else struggle like hell to score quickly enough to get any more than 150 in a 50 over match?

Even with Lehman and Vaughan with 4 lights of confidence, and both on near full agression I couldn't score more than 4 an over.

Also, why do we have to have at least 3 wicketkeepers in our squad? I only want 2, but I'm not allowed to release the 3rd choice.
I am able to get 230-odd...

You have three wicket-keepers in your squad because that is the actual squad!!! No bug there...Blakey, Guy and Brophy if I remember correctly.

Timewell

U19 Debutant
yorkie said:
I find the scoring issue also. The computer seems to get 70+ off 10 overs, whereas Vaughan and Wood can hardly get 50! Maybe its just my bowling! Surgeklick, how are you doing as Yorkshire? I always seem to struggle in the 50 over game, but am not bad in the county championship. Do you find Craig White has a no ball problem?
Craig White - no ball problem! Hehe...that's just realism! Craig White shouldn't be bowling...because he cannot bowl! His back injury prevents him from doing so.

yorkie

Cricket Spectator
Craig was one of Englands best bowlers in his purple patch, especially in the sub continent. Patch? That reminds me. Is there another one due ?

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Hehe...the funny thing is, they PRACTICE bowling no balls! Do it all the damn time. I'm a Warwickshire supporter but my Dad is a member at Yorkshire, so I see them play a few times and their bowling warm-up is almost like a no-ball practice!

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
yorkie said:
Patch? That reminds me. Is there another one due ?
There will be another update but not for a little while. We're going to let things settle down a little and let people enjoy the game they've purchased rather than be looking for the latest patch to make them start their career over (unless of course something major crops up).

The first couple of updates have been purely to fix showstopping bugs, now we're fairly confident most of them have gone we'll be able to spend a little bit more time inbetween updates (meaning we can be a little more free to change major things in the game, as we'll have more time to test the changes).

The great news is bar one or two minor issues and some compatibility issues (which for those of you unable to play the game, we are still trying to fix as fast as possible), the game is fairly stable now (touch wood :)) - so expect to see some new features being added to the softwrap release over time.

Because of the time that it will take to properly test and implement new features it'll take a little while. Rest assured though, we've got a huge number of ideas in our heads already to make this game more exciting to play.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Question for you Glenn, are these fixes going out with the proper release in stores, or is it the initial release (1.0)?

surgeklick

Cricket Spectator
Timewell said:
You have three wicket-keepers in your squad because that is the actual squad!!! No bug there...Blakey, Guy and Brophy if I remember correctly.
I know those 3 are in the squad, I'm saying I can't release any of them! :D

Any WK release gets blocked because of 'too few players', so I'm assuming we aren't allowed less than 3 in the squad? I'd just like Glenn or Oli to confirm I'm not going crazy, and explain why this is.

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
James said:
Question for you Glenn, are these fixes going out with the proper release in stores, or is it the initial release (1.0)?
The game going out to shops in the United Kingdom contains virtually all the fixes in update 1.02. I believe one or two minor issues slipped through however, we'll be bringing out a patch to fix these at somepoint after the game has hit the shelves.

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
surgeklick said:
I know those 3 are in the squad, I'm saying I can't release any of them! :D

Any WK release gets blocked because of 'too few players', so I'm assuming we aren't allowed less than 3 in the squad? I'd just like Glenn or Oli to confirm I'm not going crazy, and explain why this is.
The game doesn't force you to have 3 keepers in your squad. I'm tempted to remove the feature that stops you from releasing valuable players as it appears to be quite restrictive. It was purely designed to stop you from ruining a side, resigning and then taking over a rival :D

We'll give this one a think over.

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
This isn't our official forum nor do we guarantee to read the posts on here. You'll find more help on this on the official forum (www.cricketcoachgame.com/forum) or by emailing us as explained on the website.

Your problem would appear to be a known one which we are hoping to fix in the next update.