• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Captain 2018

WCN

Cricket Spectator
Hey Guys,

Cricket captain 2018 is right around the corner - at times the game seams to have had minimal development over the years.

I made a top 10 of sweeping changes to improve the game - some seriously big ones in here but it would defiantly give it a better feel & greater depth.

let me know what you think.

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Cool video. I also agree that Cricket Captain needs to take a leaf from OOTP baseball in that it has an actual proper ATG mode.

However, the game will never be that good because the devs can't be arsed doing the work to make it happen. They've literally said as much on the feedback forums. At the moment their ATG mode is pathetic, so many missing greats, and has remained basically untouched since 2013!

The only way they'll redevelop it IMO is if a rival management game springs up & starts seriously challenging their status as the #1 game. Cricket Captain is a lost cause pretty much. I've seen numerous requests for a more complete version of the ATG mode from their customer base. However, the devs either ignore these requests, or just flat out tell them that "it's too much work."

Here's hoping another game pops up in the next few years & gives the people at Cricket Captain a wake up call. For years now they've been putting out the same game over & over again. I'm pretty sure they're aware of how crappy their game compares to baseball & football equivalents, yet they're still not changing anything anytime soon.

End rant.

cnerd123

likes this
Cricket Coach was emerging as a good challenges to ICC but I don't know what's happened to them. Their initial games were fun but kinda ****** as a simulator at the lower levels, and spinners were OP, so it made the whole game kinda unplayable. But there was so much potential, especially with the depth and amount of creativity you could have with the game

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Yea Cricket Coach had all the options but had a pretty terrible simulator, while Cricket Captain is the opposite, though at least now they have more domestic leagues

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Coach was emerging as a good challenges to ICC but I don't know what's happened to them. Their initial games were fun but kinda ****** as a simulator at the lower levels, and spinners were OP, so it made the whole game kinda unplayable. But there was so much potential, especially with the depth and amount of creativity you could have with the game
Problem with CC was that it was a one man project, in a relatively niche field. Oli had to branch out to new areas to get himself a proper income and accordingly hasn't really had the time to update it. A new version is in the works I think, but I don't think a release date has been confirmed yet.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea I don't fault the creator of CC, considering it's a one-man show it is actually pretty damn impressive.

The problem with cricket games is basically the problem with cricket as a whole - basically the entire fanbase is in Subcontinent. That is traditionally not a good market for PC/Console games. People generally don't have the technology needed, and those who do tend to resort to piracy for their games, because either it's hard to find the original copy where they live, or they're a teen/college kid without the income needed, and because even if they have access to the original and an income the full price of a game, when converted to local currency, is crazy expensive. Plus there is a culture and an industry around piracy in that part of the world.

The market for people for cricket games around the rest of the world is too small to justify a quality product.

It's quite sad really. It's an indictment on how poor a job cricket boards all over the world have done when it comes to growing the sport in their countries. They all just want to suck off the teat of the Indian market rather than cultivate their own.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It really should be more reasonably priced for the India market. The volumes would make up for the revenue.

cnerd123

likes this
It really should be more reasonably priced for the India market. The volumes would make up for the revenue.
I'd also go for the in-game purchases model. Make the basic game free to download, and sell patches/mods/extra game modes. I think that might work well with the Indian market.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Maybe we need some developers from India to create their own version, lower living costs might mean its easier to make on a lower budget and easier to sell at the lower price to locals and then expand further afterwards

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket Captain 2017 is less than $10.00 on Steam in India, and when on sale it’s been less than 500 Indian Rupee. How much cheaper can it be?
Don Bradman 2017 is close to 3000 rupee on Steam. Now that’s a game which should be cheaper.

Flem274*

123/5
cricket captain games would be more enjoyable if the simulation went beyond 'take domestic records as literal indicator of quality' and 'drop all current international players in favour of domestic randoms'

haven't played it in years but i remember h4xing the 2011 or 2012 version so hard with Stephen Murdoch.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Yea Cricket Coach had all the options but had a pretty terrible simulator, while Cricket Captain is the opposite, though at least now they have more domestic leagues
silly they've put all these leagues in but you can't run them simultaneously alongside each other though.

the actual match engine ha come along plenty i feel in the past 5 or so years, but the lack of progress elsewhere is shambolic. 20 odd years into the series and players still don't have attributes or ability stats. even basic **** like rain affected limited overs games, still don't exist.

astonished people are still dropping money on it tbh.

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Great points listed by *****. And I think now that the game is on steam it really opens up the door to the SC market.

Cricket Captain is a great game, but they just haven't built on it since...

I mean even the highlights graphics are the same ones used since 2007. I kinda wish they'd stop dropping a game once every year and concentrate on releasing something new and innovative every two to three years.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm currently playing the domestic mode with Guyana as my team. I am not perfect in any way...I'm in year 2022 and Keemo Paul has just been selected for the senior team. Hetmyer is having a hgard time breaking into the senior team, and Bishoo getting picked for the test team...

Cricket Captain 17

Shri

Mr. Glass
I'd also go for the in-game purchases model. Make the basic game free to download, and sell patches/mods/extra game modes. I think that might work well with the Indian market.
Why don't you **** off? In game purchases are worse than rectal cancer.