• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

cricket bat selection

symonds

Cricket Spectator
hello people iam new to this forum so if this has been done just point me in the right direction but if not-

i currently owne a kookaburra big kahuna but it is a bit to heavy an iam looking for somthing else. The couple of bats i have looked at so far are

gn phoneix beast
gn longbow monster
gm purist limited edition
ca limited edition

As you can probably tell i like a bat with nice big edges an middle, with a lowish middle.
Does anyone have any suggestions or advice cheers :)

gs_86

Cricket Spectator
Try to steer clear of the huge heavy bats unless you're a 100kg monster who owns a gym, that's what I'd say

King_Ponting

International Regular
symonds said:
hello people iam new to this forum so if this has been done just point me in the right direction but if not-

i currently owne a kookaburra big kahuna but it is a bit to heavy an iam looking for somthing else. The couple of bats i have looked at so far are

gn phoneix beast
gn longbow monster
gm purist limited edition
ca limited edition

As you can probably tell i like a bat with nice big edges an middle, with a lowish middle.
Does anyone have any suggestions or advice cheers :)
Well for starters the phoenix beast weighs more than the big kahuna. I'd say go for the gn powerbow..

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
I think you should always go for a lighter bat so that you're able to play your shots. I'm 14 now and whilst my peers have gone on to short handles and really heavy bats I still have a size 6. And hey, I've had a great season, if I do say so myself.

cameeel

International Captain
Armadillo said:
I think you should always go for a lighter bat so that you're able to play your shots. I'm 14 now and whilst my peers have gone on to short handles and really heavy bats I still have a size 6. And hey, I've had a great season, if I do say so myself.
Wish i could get away with a 6, unexpensive bats are hard to find in LH and up

Don

State Vice-Captain
if the purist limited edition is about the same weight as the purist original then go with that cuz its feather light.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
A mate of mine has the Puma classic 5000 and swears by it, he absolutely loves that bat. I haven't used it before so I wouldn't be able to tell you what I thought of it though.

Why not buy the MRF Wizard 400 Brian Lara Limited Edition. That's of course if you have $650 lying around :p Nah just kidding, I also think the Powerbow would be ideal for you.

By the way, what are you doing with the Kahuna? Selling it? That's an awful lot of money to spend on a bat one didn't like in the end.

Last edited:

symonds

Cricket Spectator
it was a birthday present i was given a cricket centre catologue an told to pick one an it sounded great, i didnt give any thought to the weight. I thought like most kids aww kool it realy big i will just hit fours an sixes all day :wacko: I dont have a spare 650 lying round dam it :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ah yes the Greg Chappell Cricket Centre catalogue. When I step into their shop and see all their bats I feel like a kid in a candy shop :p

Josh

International Regular
symonds said:
i was suggested the impala majestic prince how do you rate them.

Has anyone used a puma classic 5000 an what did they think of it
Probly the only Puma bat I'd ever buy.

Can't go wrong with Gray Nicolls, Kookaburra or Slazenger.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jono said:
A mate of mine has the Puma classic 5000 and swears by it, he absolutely loves that bat. I haven't used it before so I wouldn't be able to tell you what I thought of it though.

Why not buy the MRF Wizard 400 Brian Lara Limited Edition. That's of course if you have $650 lying around :p Nah just kidding, I also think the Powerbow would be ideal for you.

By the way, what are you doing with the Kahuna? Selling it? That's an awful lot of money to spend on a bat one didn't like in the end.
The MRF Wizard is the lightest weight of all MRF bats, isn't it?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:

He is an International Cricketer ;)

simmy

International Regular
I have a GM Purist... gorgeous bat... lovely pick up and the best sounding middle I've heard. Shame it doesnt hiy there too often!