• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Bat Recommendation ?

Sam550

Cricket Spectator
Hello,

This question may have been asked many times but I really do with some sort of help.

I started playing local club cricket after a break of atleast 12 years - I was bit financially restrained so didn't get the chance to fork out on expansive bat so bought cheap Slazenger from Sports Direct for a £10err please don't laugh lol, at the time I wasn't sure if I will be playing for more than a restricted season - even with that bat I was able to score some runs but my God it was hard I think I only scored couple of boundaries in 8 matches I played but just mostly drives through cover, mid wicket, back foot late cuts etc and now I really want to get in the game and started looking at budget bats around £100 as I am not a slogger at all and prefer play drives I was thinking of getting Newbery Excalibur Oz 2.11 - 2.12 as it's only £99 on website - or some once can suggest anything better for that price ? or anyone have experience of Newbery Phantom, Excalibur or N Series bats ?? I don't have preference really but do like Newbery.

PS: I bought Kahuna 7.0 in Harrow but I think its too lite weight - I would rather buy SH as I am 5.9' - Though I only bought Kahuna Junior as I been told that it's a good bat and same style senior bat is about £250.

Regards,
Sam

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Hi Sam,

To be fair, you will be hard pressed to find a quality bat for just 100 pounds. You might be able to get a decent second-hand one for that much, but I would advise opening up your bat budget a little bit more to get yourself a quality bat with a good middle. Will make batting a lot easier & you most likely will find that with a poor quality bat your technique will get screwed up as you may tend to overcompensate/overhit the ball to make up for what a cheap bat might be lacking.

If you are looking to save as much as you can, perhaps looking for a bat that hasn't been "pre-knocked in" might be the go, as I'm pretty sure they are a slight bit cheaper. Tbh you can afford to be thrifty with all types of cricket equipment apart from your bat.

karansentosa

Cricket Spectator
Hey!

This entirely depends on the style of your batting, holding grip & techniques. Pinch Hitting - Go for a bat with good amount of grains & short bat handle.

Chhow

Cricket Spectator
In fact, if you've been playing for a long time and want to keep doing it, you need to try several options. What may be comfortable for one person may not be suitable for another. And about the budget - perhaps it really should be increased for those reasons that you buy one high-quality bat for a long time, and not buy a lot of cheap ones - it will come out more expensive.
Good luck!

Tom Flint

International Regular
Some people at my club have had the same bat for 25 years. I still think decent ones can be bought for £100. If you are playing local cricket it doesn't have to be a tree trunk. Boundaries are small and you can have good results with a cheaper one. It's all about having fun at the end of the day

jolijame

Cricket Spectator
When you're in need of expert advice on choosing a cricket bat, look no further than All About Cricket LLC. With their wide selection and knowledgeable team, they can offer personalized recommendations to suit your skill level, playing style, and budget. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned player, they guarantee to help you find the ideal bat to enhance your game. Count on their expertise and extensive range to make the best decision for your cricketing requirements.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
When you're in need of expert advice on choosing a cricket bat, look no further than All About Cricket LLC. With their wide selection and knowledgeable team, they can offer personalized recommendations to suit your skill level, playing style, and budget. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned player, they guarantee to help you find the ideal bat to enhance your game. Count on their expertise and extensive range to make the best decision for your cricketing requirements.

howitzer

State Vice-Captain

vksonline

Cricket Spectator
Looking for branded bat online then you have right place go with VKS. VKS is one the best cricket equipment shop.