• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

cricket 2004 1st look

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
well i got the game 2 weeks back .. and i can give the purest gamer review

well it is better than 2002 ofcourse it had to be otherwise i would have choked anyone that said they are associated with EA sports..

Graphics.. LOL it is better than cricket 2002 but not much change.. tendulkar and key persons look almost like the real people as in out of realistic id give 7/10, the umpire graphics are still shocking and the crowd graphics imo are almost the same as cricket 2002

Gameplay.. its certainly improved quite a lot , its a lot more challenging and huge number of teams ! and its fun putting lots of field settings ( and making customs ones ) trying to get a set batsmen out .

Commentary .. Shocking, its alright for the first 30 mins but then its the same thing over and over and over again.. my dad brother got so ****ed of by the repition he reduced the volume and put on some good music to accompany the game.. or even my commentary was better..

Flaws.. well some flaws ive notices are the shots dont look exactly perfect and flowing.. and daryl tuffey from new zealand i got him bowling at 150, 149 kmph constantly in tests and odis .. so he was right up there with shane bond.. and when we played S.L in auckland and it was green top, the movement of the pitch was random , unlike how it would be in real..
Also when i played an NZ vs Aus test match , the pitch conditions were the same for 5 days and unlike realistic cricket there was no deterioration or anything which isint that great ..

Also once my brother kept bowling it in one spot and 6 batsmen played the same exact shot to the same exact fielder...for a catch...
And i its annoying how i have to change the XI each time.. the order gets shuffled each time the game is over