• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Commentary complaints thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
We might be needing this.

Jomboy is actually pretty cool and understands the game pretty well, they could definitely have made worse picks if they wanted to go for an Influencer

I can see that it would be kinda grating for some that there might be baseball terms invading though

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We have to understand that this tournament is somewhat not for your average American. We see this just by looking at the start times of some of these games. Laughable.

Spikey

jomboy will be better than like 70% of this list

ICC Men's T20 World Cup commentary panel: Ravi Shastri, Nasser Hussain, Ian Smith, Mel Jones, Harsha Bhogle, Ian Bishop, Aaron Finch, Dinesh Karthik, Ebony Rainford-Brent, Samuel Badree, Carlos Brathwaite, Steve Smith, Lisa Sthalekar, Ricky Ponting, Sunil Gavaskar, Matthew Hayden, Ramiz Raja, Eoin Morgan, Tom Moody, Wasim Akram, James O'Brien, Dale Steyn, Graeme Smith, Michael Atherton, Waqar Younis, Simon Doull, Shaun Pollock, Katey Martin, Mpumelelo Mbangwa, Natalie Germanos, Danny Morrison, Alison Mitchell, Alan Wilkins, Brian Murgatroyd, Mike Haysman, Ian Ward, Athar Ali Khan, Russel Arnold, Niall O'Brien, Kass Naidoo, Daren Ganga

Yeoman

U19 Vice-Captain
The familiarity of these names is the problem. Just because a person was good at playing cricket does not mean that they are good at commentating on it. They are quite separate skill sets.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
jomboy will be better than like 70% of this list

ICC Men's T20 World Cup commentary panel: Ravi Shastri, Nasser Hussain, Ian Smith, Mel Jones, Harsha Bhogle, Ian Bishop, Aaron Finch, Dinesh Karthik, Ebony Rainford-Brent, Samuel Badree, Carlos Brathwaite, Steve Smith, Lisa Sthalekar, Ricky Ponting, Sunil Gavaskar, Matthew Hayden, Ramiz Raja, Eoin Morgan, Tom Moody, Wasim Akram, James O'Brien, Dale Steyn, Graeme Smith, Michael Atherton, Waqar Younis, Simon Doull, Shaun Pollock, Katey Martin, Mpumelelo Mbangwa, Natalie Germanos, Danny Morrison, Alison Mitchell, Alan Wilkins, Brian Murgatroyd, Mike Haysman, Ian Ward, Athar Ali Khan, Russel Arnold, Niall O'Brien, Kass Naidoo, Daren Ganga
While I'm thrilled for Uganda qualifying and quite like Namibia, I'm disappointed for Pommie that Zim missed out. He's one of my favourite commentators from that list.

SillyCowCorner1

While I'm thrilled for Uganda qualifying and quite like Namibia, I'm disappointed for Pommie that Zim missed out. He's one of my favourite commentators from that list.
Isn’t Brian Murgatroyd the other Zimbabwean on this list/panel? He’s better most of them, not Pommie’s level tho.

morgieb

Isn’t Brian Murgatroyd the other Zimbabwean on this list/panel? He’s better most of them, not Pommie’s level tho.
Always thought he was British. Though given his lack of professional playing experience and where he commentates he's basically a nomad at this point.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Never quite got the Morrison hate. Maybe I skipped his overexuberant years because he seems to be a distinctly mellower version these days. Also seems to be a genuinely nice sort unlike a few other vindictive pricks doing the rounds.

Speaking of, at least there's no Manjrekar to spray his colleagues with gratuitous spittle.

Molehill

International Captain
Just turned onto my first game of this comp. In the first 10 mins I've seen presenter Neroli Meadows (never heard of her but can't fault her enthusiasm other than the fact there's a ****load of it), Shastri, Smith (G), Haysman, Arnold, Smith (S).

Have they got 6 at every game?