• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Closed Door Action: Can Cricket Exist Without the Fans?

iPankajKhanna

Cricket Spectator
I have received the below warning from Cricket Web Forum Admin on my email for posting cricket articles which I write for my blog. They didn't notice the cricket content or the point of discussion in the articles but all they noticed was that it is on my own website and I am trying to promote. A cricket forum should be more inclusive than that allowing articles written by members which are their own expression to be posted. Otherwise it wouldn't be a forum but version of a cult. Low lying attitude of the admin who gave me this warning is disgusting.

Dear iPankajKhanna,

You have received a warning at Cricket Web Forum.

Reason:
-------
Advertising or Spam

You're welcome to post and contribute on the forum, but doing so as a conduit to spruiking your own website and blog is not okay.
-------

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Cricket Web Forum

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mate for all we give crap to the mods, They're 100% on point about this. Start contributing and making meaningful posts before starting threads promoting your blog. Ideally, instead of writing a blog post, just post in the forum.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To answer the question in the thread title, yes. Pakistan has been preparing for this for years.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm always fascinated by people who blithely stroll into a forum, i.e. someone else's space, start posting their own pre-written **** to drive traffic to their own website, and then get mad when they're told to stop. Real normal areas there.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Its like walking into a restaurant and handing out menus to your own joint to the dinners.........can't see the issue personally.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm really missing cricket this weekend. I didn’t think it would come to this..but I'd even take some behind closed doors IPL at this point.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Behind closed doors is better than none at all.

The first round of the AFL was telecast from behind closed doors and, although different to cricket, it offered some insights. Without the crowd noise you could clearly hear what the players and officials were saying at times. It might be like a scone and jam without the cream, but it's still OK.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Any cricket > no cricket always.

playing or watching. We have started playing in the terrace juz me and two of the neighbors.. the old one hand one bounce, cant hit on the full to the wall etc. Been fun.

Spark

Global Moderator
The one Aus vs NZ ODI in an empty SCG was kind of enjoyable tbh. A very different, dare I say purer sort of experience when you can hear the echo of every noise made out on the field.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
would have thought the sport that has many of it's games played in front of empty grounds would be fine (ie some test matches, all first class matches, etc)