• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Broken toe protection

Janemuzz

Cricket Spectator
My son broke two toes playing cricket and is about to start playing again. He is very worried about being hit again and thinks will affect his play. Does anyone have any suggestions on either protection can put on his toes or cricket shoes so he doesn’t worry so much?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure if there's a shoe on the market that can guarantee your son won't have their toe broken. Perhaps if he's after a little extra protection, wrapping some gauze around his toes/feet might be of use?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Time to invent steel capped cricket shoes for batting.
There used to be some boots which had hard toes, but I think they were the old Puma Lord's, which were bowling boots. FMD they were a great cricket shoe. Genuine leather and provided really good ankle support. I had a pair in the 80s and think they had a hard toe because dragging was a lot more common then. Looked a bit like this:

State of the art back then.

Jack1

International Debutant
Hi..late here.

If you still can't find a shoe that's acceptable then adapt the shoe yourself. Create something on the external part of the shoe to protect the toes, that enables your son to still walk and run like normal. If you can't do it then find a good shoemaker, they will be able to adapt the shoe to protect the toes better and probably have good ideas for how and what material to use to do this compared to us. You are also guaranteed for the job to be done properly if you use a good shoemaker.