• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brendan Taylor admits to taking money, not reporting approach over match fixing

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
well, it is stealing, and can hurt a lot of people usually indirectly
What would you do? Your board is not paying you since 6 months, there's political interference in your cricket, you have ****ty administrators and the economy of your country is ****. How many options are you left with?

You have to be practical at some point. You'd rather take money from a bookie than be homeless(under the circumstances in which Taylor was).

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What would you do? Your board is not paying you since 6 months, there's political interference in your cricket, you have ****ty administrators and the economy of your country is ****. How many options are you left with?
Not really relevant to what I was saying, I'm just pointing out that corruption in sport/match fixing is "bad" for a reason. You're living in a fantasy land if you think it doesn't hurt anyone.

As to what the player should do in that situation, they definitely have options. He would have more options and opportunity to make a living legally than 99.99% of the people living in his country. County cricket would always be an option, or simply changing career. You're not going to make me feel bad for a relatively well-off white person in Zimbabwe who made the decision to participate (however briefly and loosely) in organised crime.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I always find it hard to believe how a drug addicted international sportsman has never tested positive for the substance before in one of the random tests they are meant to do
if he was only doing coke and similar, it's only prohibited for in competition tests

cnerd123

likes this

You have to be practical at some point. You'd rather take money from a bookie than be homeless(under the circumstances in which Taylor was).
I'd rather just look for other work...

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Not really relevant to what I was saying, I'm just pointing out that corruption in sport/match fixing is "bad" for a reason. You're living in a fantasy land if you think it doesn't hurt anyone.

As to what the player should do in that situation, they definitely have options. He would have more options and opportunity to make a living legally than 99.99% of the people living in his country. County cricket would always be an option, or simply changing career. You're not going to make me feel bad for a relatively well-off white person in Zimbabwe who made the decision to participate (however briefly and loosely) in organised crime.
I'll have to agree with you here. He did have options. Although I am not sure whether he was a "relatively well-off white person in Zimbabwe".