• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowling Speed In Demo (Question for Devs)

scritty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hi guys,
Great demo - one niggle - I thought it was just me, but browing this forum found others with this problem i.e can't bowl above about 70mph.

Harmison's average speed is about 70MPH, even when I hit the line bang on is sometimes comes out at barely 65Mph. Spinners bowling at 33mph (the ball wouldn't reach the batsman on a sticky at this speed)

Am I missing something ? I aim to hit the line right on - and often do (just before "no ball") rarely makes any difference to the speed the ball comes out at though (in fact sometimes it's quicker if I press earlier)

Is there a control you haven't told us about ?? Is this a bug ? Or is it supposed to be like this :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: (surely not) :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: .

Thanks again for the great demo.

Clarker

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I've had no such issues on the PS2 demo - you have to be really aggressive on the "no ball" line.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
I've had no such issues on the PS2 demo - you have to be really aggressive on the "no ball" line.
As I posted in the other thread, the bowling speeds are erratic when you are batting as well (i.e. the CPU is bowling), so it can't be attributed entirely to us not being very good. I find that if i hit the line, it usually bowls at around 100-110km/h and not much more. Occasionally it will bowl at a decent speed, 130-150 depending on who's bowling, but this is very rare. There doesn't appear to be any sort of consistency, even when I hit the line exactly.

I hope it's just a problem with the PC demo and not the game itself, as I'll be getting the PS2 version anyway.

scritty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
NO. I'm right on the line sometimes, bowling a standard delivery with say Harmison. and it comes out at 66Mph, rarley goes above 75mph (and that's "right on" the line - to the pixel)

Dunno why that is..

Mind you..too easy to hit the line time and time again.

Clarker

Eclipse

International Debutant
you have to be slightly above the line i find.. i did four in a row 150+ with Lee.. but the other 2 balls in the over took me about 6 trys because i keept no balling trying to get it perfect.