• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowling attacks of all teams..

If we are gonna go just by history, then every team have a chance except SA :D

To me, this WC is wide open, any of the top 4 teams can win it. Thats is Aus/SA/IND/NZ

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Errr, yeah exactly. I think the pecking order goes Australia - Paistan - South Africa - New Zealand - India.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Scorpio i think you are very intelegent and its good to see some indians not getting to carryed away with current form

I hope india do have a GOOD World Cup :D

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
talking about NZ, i know they haven't got that many "excellent" batsman, but come to think of it, do we have any bad batsman??
i think its safe to say that Vettori is one if not the best tail ender, and the only other tail ender really is Bond who proved he was a good batter when he was wacking sixes in the tests vs aussie

Sulphate

Cricket Spectator
no one seems to be considering england as realistic contenders.they may not be favourites but i believe they are assmbling a decent team. they have a nice batting line up that can bat to low down the order. they also have a decent bowling line up with no real great players but a lot of depth.

they have also had some good recent results which seemed to have been overlooked :( an inexperienced and experimental england side drew 3-3 with india in the odi series in the winter. also a narrow loss in the series to a good nz side is respectable, as well as good showing in the natwest seires all be it with home advantage.

imo englans batting line up is very good. maybe the 3rd best behind india and australia.

in terms of the topic thread they coudlnt win the world cup with jst bowling or batting but they have a good all round team with nice team spirit, and with the team working very well together at the moment anything good happen.

*prepares for flaming* :D

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Bowling wise Pakistan have the best balanced attack with Shoaib, Akram, Waqar and Saqlain backed up by a quality all rounder in Razzaq.

South Africa have Pollock, Telemachus, Boje, Klusener and Kallis which is pretty good.

The Australian attack worries me. McGrath and Gillespie are classy but Warne isn't as good as he once was, Lee is expensive as is Watson, and Bichel can be hit and miss. The fifth bowler for Aus might be a problem.

NZ might be the smokies if Styris continues his form and Cairns comes back from injury. Bond, Vettori and Harris will bowl well though I can never understand why Harris does. You watch it and think "I Could smash the pus out of that" but he always keeps ths coring down and gets the odd wicket.

The rest of the attacks just don't compare.

Khan

Cricket Spectator
No comparison of Pakistan in bowling however, but they are lacking in batting and fielding. desipte those weknesses Pakistani bowling is so flawless and deadly that they can manage to beat any team in the world.... So Pakistan in both form.....