• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest plodders in international cricket history.

cricket player

International Debutant
Camel56 said:
cricket player - do you have any idea who you are talking to you uphill gardening piece of toilet backwash? This man is Pinkline Jones - he is to be respected and embraced as the doyen of social commentary that he is. As for your thoroughly disrespectly remarks made to me earlier im going to ignore them and emplore you to follow the advice of my colleague and mentor Mr Jones.
:down: you let me down buddy.

cricket player

International Debutant
Pinkline Jones said:
Cricket Player,

What is it you are trying to express? You really are an international man of mystery.
pinklin shut your mouth and dont disrespect me like this. i am a boy of diginty
and i have been emotionally disturbed by your comments'
camel you have let me down in front of every one' i always believed that you haved my back but sense what you have said in your previous post i count as a coward that doesn't have respect for any body' i think you are one diversed human being i have ever met' :p

Camel56

Banned
Pinkline Jones said:
Cricket Player,

What is it you are trying to express? You really are an international man of mystery.
I think thats the way it should stay too. The world will be a better place if this guy continued to be as mysterious as he is.

Camel56

Banned
cricket player said:
camel you have let me down in front of every one' i always believed that you haved my back but sense what you have said in your previous post i count as a coward that doesn't have respect for any body' i think you are one diversed human being i have ever met' :p
thats right, you are a boy and as such should show some respect for your elders and social betters.

Cricket Joke,

Don't mean to embarrass you mate but could you please provide the names of the people who taught you English Grammar. I want them struck off the register.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pinkline Jones said:
NZ IDOL,

Your so-called "knowledge of the game" is right up there with Britney Spears' understanding of the Heisenberg Mechanism.
Err, yes.
Do you three have anything to contribute to this forum other than your pathetic excuse for humour?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pinkline Jones said:
Richard,

Re: "What an infitessimally pointless discussion." - that would mean that the discussion is only a teeny bit pointless wouldn't it?
Camel56 said:
Yes Jonesy you've hit the nail on the head. "Infitessimally" would mean infinitely small. What **** really meant what "infinitely." Ah well we all get our LOOSERS and tosers mixed up now and then.
I think you'll probably find your descriptions fit the word "infinitesimally".
Don't play silly buggers with me, guys.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
cricket player said:
Hahahahahahahahaha cry me a river buddy... Its all fun and games big fellah just lighten up... Who knows anything about cricket in the U.S.A anyway?

cricket player

International Debutant
Richard Rash said:
Hahahahahahahahaha cry me a river buddy... Its all fun and games big fellah just lighten up... Who knows anything about cricket in the U.S.A anyway?

Richard i dont think you know much about usa cricket' usa has more player's then some of the other international player's

It is the state and metropolitan leagues and associations that have been flourishing in the last decade.

There are twice as many leagues/associations as in 1990, clubs and teams associated with leagues/associations have also doubled, and the number of players has also increased substantially over the past decade.
Ten years ago, the idea that there could be good cricket in (say) Nebraska or Oklahoma would have been treated with a smirk, or a disbelieving stare. In 2003, those are not ideas, but facts.

Unfortunately, it has always been difficult to keep track of these developments. Wisden Cricinfo has tried its best to keep up, but names, addresses and particulars keep changing.

The following list is our best information, at present, on regional cricket in the USA. If your league or association is not listed here, or if you would like to make a correction/addition to the listing, please send an email to Deb K. Das, USA Coordinator, Wisden Cricinfo, with the details of your organization for inclusion.

Arizona
A newly started League with about 10 teams in Tucson, Phoenix and nearby locales, the Arizona C A has one of the few US leagues that operates exclusively during the winter months. Arizona CA also has regular inter-league fixtures with California, and Colorado and New Mexico cricket clubs as well.

League
Officer
Address
Telephone

Arizona Cricket Association
Paul Ward
Gen.Secretary
w: 602 452 5011
h: 480 390 2248

Mohsiul Alam Secretary
1711 West Gila,
Chandler AZ 85224
480 899 1235

David Balch
Assistant Secretary, Fixtures
480 830 3816

Paul Ward
Umpires Chairman
602 545 4935

California
There are now FOUR cricket leagues in California.The 29-team Northern California C A and the 40-team Southern California C A are the two oldest and most strongly established Leagues on the West Coast, with histories dating back into the 19th century. Southern California also has one of the three largest cricket leagues in the USA. These two were joined by a new league called the Bay Area Cricket Alliance, founded in 1999, whose particulars are given below. Also in California is a league called the Los Angeles Social Cricket Alliance, founded in 1999 and consisting of 8 to 10 clubs which play recreational cricket, are not affiliated with the USA Cricket Association, and include the Compton Homies and Popz who have attracted worldwide attention for using cricket as a way to bring inner-city kids and the homelessinto the mainstream of American life.

League
Officer
Address
Telephone
EMail

Northern California Cricket Association
Laks M. Sampath President
700 Oakdale Avenue, Corte Madera, CA 94925-1611
(H) 415-927-3110 (W) 415-391-4455 x293
ceo@ncalcricket.org

Rohan Chandran Vice President
3101 Middlefield Road, #7,Palo Alto, CA 94306
(H) 650-565-450 (W) (408) 980-9888 x223
vp@ncalcricket.org

Reji Varghese
Secretary
708 Tea Tree Ct, San Jose, CA 95128
(H) 408-293-2055(W) 408-942-7100 x111
Sect@ncalcricket.org

Los Angeles Social Cricket Alliance
Trevor Roper President
n/a
(818) 343-8740
lasca@lasca.org

Matt WestonVice President
n/a
(818) 344-6867
mattw@cornerstonedisplaygroup.com

Katy Haber
Treasurer
n/a
n/a
jhusa1998@aol.com

Bay Area Cricket Alliance
Nisar Chaudhry, Chairman
135 Heath St, Milpitas Ca 95035
408-263-0458
chairman@bayareacricket.org

Daun Jacobsen, Vice Chairman

408-378-2232
vc@bayareacricket.org

Abrar Ahmad, Secretary

408-262-8447
secretary@bayareacricket.org

Southern California Cricket Association
B.K.Atul Rai
President
3780 Brenner Drive
Santa Barbara CA 93105
805-687-1025-(tel) 805-563-6085-(fax)
bkrai1@aol.com

Dalton Wilson
Vice-President
4242 Lavinia Avenue
Lynnwood, CA 90262
310-898-1456

Karl Stephen
Secretary
3142 Clover Lane
Ontario,CA-91761
(909) 947-2382-tel
karlesq@aol.com

David Sentance
Treasurer
1910 W.sunset,#770
Los Angeles, CA-90026
(213) 483-1693
psentance@aol.com

Colorado
Although established for over 10 years, the Colorado C A has recently undergone an expansion, and is playing the 2001 season with 8 teams. It also hosts a regional inter-league tournament in mid-July, and has sent representative teams to Utah, New Mexico and to other West Coast tournaments.

League
Officer
Address
Telephone
EMail

Colorado Cricket League
Sharath Venkatarao
President

syvenka@uswest.com

J Krishnamurthy
Vice-President

jairamk@hotmail.com

Mark Spoo
Secretary

markrspoo@yahoo.com

S Ramalingam
Treasurer

send2ram@yahoo.com

Connecticut
With 20 or more teams in Connecticut , the state league has had an active program and hopes to present more events and exhibitions in 1999.

League
Officer
Address
Telephone
EMail

Connecticut Cricket League
Mr. Curtis Clark Chair Ms Elaine Hyman Vice-Chair

Ms Adrienne Ashley Recording Secy

Ms Carol Grayson

Corresponding Secy

CGrayson@Home.com

Delaware
The smallest state in the Union, noted for being the first state to sign the Constitution of the United States, Delaware also has one of the oldest cricket clubs in the USA. The Delaware Cricket Association has been in existence for many years, and is now striving to break its isolation via CRICINFO, and the World Wide Web!

League
Officer
Address
Telephone
EMail

Delaware Cricket Association
Waqas Shahid

302-454-1463 (home)

302-998-814 X 283 (wk)
shahidw@goldey.gbc.edu

Florida
The state of Florida is a newly developing stronghold of US cricket, with two leagues, several independent clubs of international repute, and programs of exhibition cricket of first-class standard, courtesy of its cricket-playing neighbors in the Caribbean area. Florida could well become a future "center" for 1st-class cricket in the 21st century.

League
Officer
Address
Telephone
EMail

Central Florida Cricket Association
Des Williamson
Secretary

407-724-9868

South Florida Cricket Association

Telephone/Fax: 305-628-3763
Jeff Miller
President
PO Box 694034, Miami FL 33269
(home) 954-796-4182 (Beeper) 954-493-1539

David Maitland
Secretary

Cammie Jones
Treasurer

Georgia
The Atlanta-Georgia Cricket League, headquartered in Atlanta, has for some time been the citadel of cricket in the South. It has organized a strong league, and also participated in inter-regional cricket with Florida and Texas.

League
Officer
Address
Telephone
EMail

Atlanta-Georgia Cricket League
William Cole
President

(H) 770 509 6959
(fx) 706 624 9674
WilliamC21@hotmail.com

Hawaii

In the middle of the Pacific ocean sits the Honolulu (Hawaii) Cricket Club, easily the most remote outpost of cricket in the Americas. Against the backdrop of Diamond Head, probably the most photographed extinct volcano in the world, members can be seen playing cricket in Kapiolani Park. The Club was established in 1893 when Hawaii was a territory of the United States. The Guinness Book of World Records names the Honolulu Cricket Club as the oldest sporting organization in the Pacific, and it is probably the only site for regular night cricket in the USA. In recent years, Hawaii has hosted teams from Australia, California, Canada, England, Hong Kong, New York and New Zealand.

League
Officer
Address
Telephone
EMail

Honolulu Cricket Club
Mark Berwick
Captain
4047 Kaimuki Avenue, Honolulu, Hawaii 96816
(808) 739-5532
berwickm001@hawaii.rr.com

Robert Cowie
Treasurer
47-689 Hui Kelu Street # 3, Kaneohe, Hawaii 96744
H:(808) 239-2945
W:(808) 956-4909
cowie@hawaii.edu

Illinois
The state of Illinois has the tradition of some of the oldest cricket played in the USA, outside the Eastern seaboard. A cricket League has existed in and around Chicago since the 1850s. The Midwest Cricket Conference is centered on Illinois but has teams in several neighboring states, has a strong following, many established teams, and an excellent Web site and record-keeping system.

League
Officer
Address
Telephone
EMail

Midwest Cricket Conference
Tariq Ahmed
President
3660 N Lakeshore Dr. 4707, Chicago IL 60613
773-883-5703
tariq@midwestcricket.org

Sohail Alvi
Vice-President
11804 Smoke Valley Ct, Maryland Hts, MO 63043
314-770-1162
sohail@midwestcricket.org

Michigan
For several years, the Michigan Cricket Association has been functioning in the Greater Detroit and the Great Lakes area as a flourishing league with several established clubs. It conducts two leagues; the Michigan Cricket Association League, and the Great Lakes Championship Trophy. (Note: the Web site, officers and their contact information are from the Detroit Metropolitan Cricket Club, one of the premier teams in the MCA).

League
Officer
Address
Telephone
EMail

Michigan Cricket Association
Sushil Bhat
President

810-582-8901
sb59@hotmail.com

Nadeem Ahmed
Prog Coordinator

730-324-5386
nidoo@yahoo.com

Iowa and Nebraska
Started in 1998, the Cedar Rapids Cricket League was the first league set up in the area. It disappeared, but there is a now a Des Moines Cricket Association which is started in 2000 to organize a cricket league around Ames, Des Moines AND with the Cedar Rapids area In 2001 it has also linked up with Omaha, and played triangula tournaments across the two states. Persons interested in cricket in Iowa AND Nebraska are invited to get in touch with Mr. Sura, at the phone number and e-mail address given below.

League
Officer
Address
Telephone
EMail

Des Moines Cricket Association
Gautam Sura

515-440-2421
Gausura@hotmail.com

Louisiana
The Crescent City Cricket Club in New Orleans has actually existed since 1901. In recent times, a cricket league was organized around it, and efforts continue to be made to keep it going. New Orleans is also a destination for visiting teams from the Caribbean countries, Texas and California, and also hosts regional tournaments from time to time.

League
Officer
Address
Telephone
EMail

Crescent City Cricket League
Robert Rivard
New Orleans
504-486-9106
RGR04@gnofn.org

Massachusetts
One of the traditional areas of cricket in the USA, Massachusetts has seen cricket played since the 1600s, and also has (to cricketers) the dubious distinction of having created and sponsored early baseball! The present state league is inheritor to the classic cricket tradition, has obtained corporate sponsorship (one of the few US Leagues to do so), and also has a flourishing cricket scene in modern times.

League
Officer
Address
Telephone
EMail

Massachusetts State Cricket League

MSCL Website
Joseph Buffong
President
102 Radcliffe Street,Dorchester, MA 02121
617-825-5055
mscl@kaiteur.com

Chico Khan
Vice-President

617-739-0387
vp@mscl.org

Myrna Weekes
Secretary/Treasurer

617-436-5748
myrna@gis.net

Ashish Sagar
Statistician

603-897-0373
statistician@mscl.org

David Jones
Fixture Secretary

617-397-0159
kwame@gis.net

Cuthbert Joseph
Public Relations
81 Oak Street, Milton, MA 02186
617-696-8033
cbjoseph@hardlink.com

Minnesota
With teams in and around the state, the Minnesota Cricket Association (MCA) is a well-established league in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. The United Cricket Club is one of the leaders, with the Lions, Falcons and Guyam cricket clubs close behind. In past years, Simon Almaer of United CC, formerly of Oxford University, averaged over 100 runs, and opened batting for the US national team against Canada. MCA goals include improving their facilities and the standard of umpiring, and they will also try to develop a greater depth of quality cricketers.

League
Officer
Address
Telephone
EMail

Minnesota Cricket Association
Lochan Samkaran
President
2600 California Street NE, Minneapolis MN 55418
(h) 612-781-2397 (cl)612-618-8701
lochan@worldnet.att.net

Charles Peterson
Vice-President
300 75th Ave N, Brooklyn Park, MN 55444
(h) 612-560-5978 (fx)612 -560-4829
Charles.peterson@mailcity.com

Sudhir (Sid) Muthevi
Secretary
218 Kipling St, Apt 207, St. Paul MN 55119
[h] 651-714-2383 [w]952-918-0912
muthevi@yahoo.com

Dave Matai
Treasurer
3217 84th Ave N, Brooklyn Park, MN 55114
(h) 612 560 1227 (w)612 550 2661
dbmatai@uswest.net

New Jersey
Along with New York (see below), home to the largest concentrations of US immigrants from the Caribbean and South Asia, and therefore of dozens of cricket clubs catering to these populations. There are also Ivy League teams and traditional (unaffiliated) clubs...an interesting "kedgeree"! year 2000 information on the Garden State C A was unavailable, but the other association (NJCA) ceased operations this year and has been replaced by a new league, the Cricket League of New Jersey (CLNJ), which promises a dynamic program for the new millenium.

League
Officer
Address
Telephone
EMail

Garden State Cricket League
Trevor Barrow
Secretary

908-668-4912

Cricket League of New Jersey
Vimal Verma
President

CLNJPresident@aol.com

Hardah Ramnath Vice Prest

SomersetCCC@aol.com

Ajay Sharma Secretary

AJAYNEX@aol.com

Shad Razac Treasurer

Shad.Razac@SPCorp.com

New York
See the comment under New Jersey (above). New York has a very large immigrant population, some of the most established leagues in the USA; two newspapers CRICKET International and the GLOBAL Cricketer , reporting on US Cricket activities; A New York Regional Committee overseeing inter-league activities, and many other organizations and individuals interested in promoting US cricket.

New York considers itself the "Mecca" of US cricket…(a title disputed by some other regions!)...and the Commonwealth Cricket League with 40 or so teams, founded in 1975, rivals Southern California CA as one of the largest cricket leagues in the country, while the 12-team Bangladeshi League is the only full semi-professional league in the USA.

Information on the general New York scene can be obtained from the New York Region cricket web site, which is http://members.aol.com/nycr1. New York Leagues which have their own web sites can be reached by clicking below; in some cases, individual officers can be reached by e-mail, as per the hyperlinks provided.

League
Officer
Address
Telephone
EMail

American Cricket League
Selwyn Caesar
President

914-969-4779
selwync@prodigy.net

Henderson Clarke
Vice-President

John G Edwards Secretary

johngarrye@aol.com

Bangladeshi Cricket League
Mohaimin Ahmed

President

718-899-3087
mnmm@aol.com

Brooklyn Cricket League
Burchfield Moore
President

Bmoore7635@aol.com

Commonwealth Cricket League
Leslie Lowe
President
5736 Mosholu Parkway
Riverdale, NY 10471
718-601-6704
LESCRICKET@aol.com

Eastern American Cricket Association
Krish Prasad
President

718-961-1369
KRISHPRASAD46609@aol.com, eacahome@aol.com

Paul Jairam
Vice-President

Bhola Ramsundar
Secretary

Rammy69@aol.com

Metropolitan Cricket League
Clifford Hinds
President
269 Parker Avenue
Clifton, NJ 07011
201-525-7522
hindsclifford@hotmail.com

Austin Hutchinson
Vice-President
220-30 Jamaica Avenue
Queens Village, NY 11428
718-776-0747

Shirley McCollin
Secretary
210 Chelsea Street
Floral Park, NY 11001
516-358-5519

Nassau New York Cricket Association
Paul DaSilva
President

nnyca@aol.com

Mushtaq Khan, Ramsaran Parasram
1st & 2nd Vice-Presidents

Vish Lekhram, Ryan Naraine
Genl & Recording Secretaries

New York Cricket League
Jeff Morrishaw
President
PO Box 121, Bronx, NY 10456-9998
917-597-0195

North Carolina/Virginia
One of the most exciting developments in US cricket has been the establishment of a new league spanning the "dead zone" between New York/ New Jersey and Florida. Now in its fourth season and with 17 teams, The Mid-Atlantic League has filled an important gap in the cricket map of the USA, and continues to gain in participation and strength.

League
Officer
Address
Telephone
EMail

Mid-Atlantic Cricket Conference
President, Sanjay Pal

Secy, S. Nathella

919-465-0204 (h) 919 392-2975 (wk)

540-961-0175 (h) 540 557-1318 (wk)
spal@cisco.com

snathella@daa.com

Tennessee

The Nashville Cricket Association, in Nashville (TN), is starting with 4 teams in its inaugural season in 1999.
It is the first cricket association in the Volunteer state---another breakthrough for US cricket!

League
Officer
Address
Phone
EMail

Nashville Cricket Association
Ayaz Ahmed, President
6776 Old Nashville Highway, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
(615) 904-116
Nashcrick@aol.com

Hemant Minocha, Vice President
2115 Ellington Circle, Nashville, TN 37211
(615) 833-8385
Hemant.Minocha@nashville.com

Prakash Raghotamacher, Treasurer & Secy
511 Chesterfield Avenue #6C, Nashville, TN 37212
(615) 298-3788
raghits@yahoo.com

Oklahoma/Kansas
Under extremely difficult conditions in 1998, the SouthWest Conference has kept cricket alive in the US heartland, also known as Oz country! It has teams spread over a three-state area (Kansas, Oklahoma and East Texas), and has a long tradition dating back to the 1960s.

League
Officer
Address
Telephone
EMail

South West Cricket Conference
Dr. Arvind Bhakta
President
1101 Mockingbird Drive, Guthrie, OK 73044

drbhakta@flash.net

Dr. Arvind Bhakta
Secretary

drbhakta@flash.net

Texas
The State of Texas boasts two cricket leagues---only Florida, New York and California can make a similar claim. The 18-team Houston Cricket League has been operating for a decade, and the newly formed North Texas Cricket Association has an equal number of enthusiastic cricketers. In 1998, Texas staged several major cricket events with what can only be described as frontier (cowboy) flair! There are a lot of special cricket events and tournaments taking place in the Longhorn State... this is a region to watch in the years ahead.

Houston Cricket League
President
Khalid Nabi

201 589 6047 (h) 713 305 6159 (w)
Knabi43735@aol.com

Vice-Pres Dharmendra Patel

281 277 2774 (h) 281 460 6869 (w)
alokipatel@worldnet.att.net

Secretary Danish Rizvi

713 394 1566(w)713 278 9948(w)
danish@wt.net

Treasurer
Nadir Shah

North Texas Cricket Association
Dale Tarar
President

214 879 5382
president@ntcricket.com

Anwarali Mavani
Vice-Pres

972-480-6762
Vpresident@ntcricket.com

Mahesh Nair
Secretary

972 995 2167
Secretary@ntcricket.com

Syed Shahanawaz
Treasurer

972 513 1256
treasurer@ntcricket.com

Washington, D.C
The nation's capital has long been the scene of one of the most diverse leagues in the country, and events that attract first-class guest players from the West Indies and South Asia.And now, as of yr 2000, they have an established Web site where details of their activities are at last available.

League
Officer
Address
Telephone
EMail

Washington Cricket League

WCL Website
John Pinnock
President

1-877-WICKETS

Washington / Oregon / Idaho
Along with the Mid-Atlantic League (see above), the Pacific Northwest has seen the most spectacular expansion of cricket in the last decade. From a zero start, The Northwest Cricket League(NWCL) has become one of the best-organized leagues in the USA, with five cricket grounds and 9 teams in 1999. In the year 2000, the NWCL will experiment with a split-level fixture format which is believed to be the first of its kind in the USA.

League
Officer
Address
Telephone
EMail

NorthWest Cricket League
John Wainwright
President

cell: 206 605 1912
home phone: 206 368 9833
john@johnwainwright.com

Kerry Jeffrey
Vice-President

kmgj@hevanet.com

Manish Prabhu
Secretary

mprabhu@microsoft.com

help@cricinfo.com

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And the point of putting all this in a post was? 8-)
Why the hell couldn't you have just used a link?

Camel56

Banned
Richard said:
I think you'll probably find your descriptions fit the word "infinitesimally".
Don't play silly buggers with me, guys.
To be honest you're the one playing silly buggers richard. Your mistake re infinitely was a total stuff up and it would be appreciated if you could admit it. I know Mr Jones's opinion of you would rise if you could do so and as it is very low at the moment i think it is imperitive that you do something to raise it.