• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Big Mouthed Danish Kaneria!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan spinner targets Dravid
By Manak Gupta
BBC Hindi

Kaneria celebrates a wicket in the recent Test series with Australia
Pakistan leg-spinner Danish Kaneria says he has no fears about taking on India's much-vaunted batting line-up.

And Kaneria expects only Rahul Dravid to cause him problems in the three-Test series, which starts next month.
Speaking to BBC Hindi, he said: "I respect Dravid a lot. He is a great player and my favourite too.

"I don't think any other Indian batsman will be difficult to bowl at. He has got the class and he would be the main wicket for me. He is truly 'The Wall'."

Despite also boasting the likes of Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly, Kaneria feels India's batting is weaker than Australia's.

Now my workload will come down as I will have support from Arshad.

The 24-year-old took 15 wickets in the recent series against the world champions - to bring his total to 102 victims in 23 Tests - and he says that has given him extra confidence.

He said: "The Indian batting line-up is solid but I don't think Mohammad Kaif and Yuvraj Singh fall under the same category as Australia's Damien Martyn, Ricky Ponting and Adam Gilchrist.

"It's just Dravid - if I get him it will be an achievement for me.

"It is a big challenge as India is a good team with good batsmen who play spinners well, but Australian batsmen also play spin well and I did well against them.

"So I am confident of performing even better than in the Australian tour."

Pakistan's selectors have recalled 33-year-old Arshad Khan after a four-year absence, a move which has been welcomed by Kaneria.

"We have a good spin attack now," he added. "I was the only spinner on the Australian tour and there was no-one to support me.

"Now my workload will come down as I will have support from Arshad. As a leg-spinner I will attack and as an off-spinner Arshad can help contain the batsmen."

To say that only Dravid can trouble him is insult to other Indian greats in Tendulkar,Ganguly and Sehwag. This guy happen to have a very poor record against India, yet he has such a big mouth!

Status
Not open for further replies.