• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Better Test Batsman

Choose the better batsman

• Total voters

Aritro

International Regular
There's probably good reasons to pick Thorpe if you break it down, but I just wish Gilchrist had retired before the decimation of his average progressed as far as it did - although the fact that it happened so quickly probably didn't leave him that much thinking time to reflect on whether he was past it.

_00_deathscar

International Debutant
I know you said leave keeping out of it, but Gilchrist revolutionised what’s expected of a keeper-bat.

Will give it to him though I liked Thorpe.

Jack1

International Debutant
Graham Thorpe must be the most overrated batsman on this site other than maybe Hobbs and Hutton compared to Sutcliffe