• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best distribution of runs

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
A 3 or 400 is likely coming in easy circumstances and probably isn't having as positive an impact on results as 3 or 4 scores of 100 would.

Is this true at every level?

Are 2 50s likely to be better than 1 100 and a zero? Or 2 25s in relation to 50 and zero?

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
A 3 or 400 is likely coming in easy circumstances and probably isn't having as positive an impact on results as 3 or 4 scores of 100 would.

Is this true at every level?

Are 2 50s likely to be better than 1 100 and a zero? Or 2 25s in relation to 50 and zero?
I’d say somewhere between 50-100 is where it’d be more valuable, depending on the wicket ofc.

Below 50 isn’t likely to be as big an impact as an individual higher score.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
150 is the sweet spot for me, as a median ideal value.

Of course the value of quantity of runs for any single innings is entirely context dependent

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
I'd like to add that the conditions can severely affect what is or isn't a good score. If there's some life in the pitch and aerial conditions are conducive to swing a 60-70 can be seen as invaluable whereas, on a flat wicket on a clear day the same score would undoubtedly be seen as a missed opportunity.

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
How high scoring the game is will be a factor. Less of a gap in the scoring margins.

I have a feeling that looking at lower scoring games gives a more accurate idea of influence- for a high team score, a draw may be on the cards regardless of whether a bat fails or goes big.