• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ben Stokes

halba

International 12th Man
He is no longer an all rounder. Used to be world class. But his knee injury has reduced him. His batting average isn't good enough to be used as a batter and he's the captain and undroppable

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Once he finds time to have an operation on that knee he should be back to his best again.

loterry1994

International Debutant
His average might not be all there but can’t deny he plays plenty of big innings when the teams need him most

loterry1994

International Debutant
Best all rounder of all time for me. Not all about the stats but this guy showed up and got important runs and wickets at the most biggest games under immense pressure

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
He is no longer an all rounder. Used to be world class. But his knee injury has reduced him. His batting average isn't good enough to be used as a batter and he's the captain and undroppable
Agreed. Top tier choker too.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Awta, drop him

Xuhaib

International Coach
You know its special when @Xuhaib shows up to post. How are you man? Hope all is well with you and your loved ones. :) Post more here.
Hi HB nice to get in touch again. :)

I have been just super occupied last 8-9 months the awful Pakistan economy right now means I have been trying to diversify my eggs in the basket and build up a new business base in UAE it leads to a lots of back and forth travelling between UAE and Pakistan every month.
Fingers crossed the Middle East operations gets established soon and then I can stick to one base and manage the other remotely all this really means cricket and life in general is sort of taking a back seat for me right now.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hi HB nice to get in touch again. :)

I have been just super occupied last 8-9 months the awful Pakistan economy right now means I have been trying to diversify my eggs in the basket and build up a new business base in UAE it leads to a lots of back and forth travelling between UAE and Pakistan every month.
Fingers crossed the Middle East operations gets established soon and then I can stick to one base and manage the other remotely all this really means cricket and life in general is sort of taking a back seat for me right now.
Well glad you have your plans sorted mate and praying God it works out the way you want. All the best but do post more here. :)

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Slogged runs when it was a lost cause then tightened up/bottled it when England were favourites
Australia just dried up his boundary hitting by hiding it outside off.

He should have been taking the runs on over instead of just thinking he’d hit 20 off an over again multiple times. That 2 they didn’t take was ridiculous, he wasn’t even interested.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Australia just dried up his boundary hitting by hiding it outside off.

He should have been taking the runs on over instead of just thinking he’d hit 20 off an over again multiple times. That 2 they didn’t take was ridiculous, he wasn’t even interested.
it’s easy to say stokes should of taken the runs on offer but England were still like 170 down by the time Broad came in. If you take a lot of those easy runs then broad going to face way more balls and I doubt his surviving for as long a he did

mackembhoy

International Debutant
it’s easy to say stokes should of taken the runs on offer but England were still like 170 down by the time Broad came in. If you take a lot of those easy runs then broad going to face way more balls and I doubt his surviving for as long a he did
I was on about after lunch, when lead got under 100.

Aussies were bowling everything outside off and Ben couldn't do anything anymore yet weren't ticking the scoreboard over. Just wasting balls and building pressure for him to play a shot that he'd mis-time and it worked.