• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Yeah, by this Sunday I won't have any players unfortunately, so a friendly seems a bit pointless. Lost to Central Districts yesterday (forgot to play my new batsman, doh), so I think that's it for the Beards.

Oleary is a destroyer of legends, an annihilatory force of nature. His military-medium ranking belies his true steel. Or something. Anyway, a snip at 8m. :)

Edit: Kinda wish there was a "no, you're too crap to buy" button; the guy bidding on most of my squad at the moment has been playing for over 2.5 years and has never been higher than div V. Janes has standards, dammit, he's not going to that shower.

Last edited:

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Come and get them while they're hot! - Deadline in an hour!

Offer only open to CWers!

Gene Bewers- 27YO Prof Stam, Exc/Wond LM. Currently £2.25. On the open market I won't part with him for less than £4m, but if A CWer has the top bid, I'll let him go!

Craig Syiabonga - 18YO Med Stam, Sup/Prof Bat, Resp Field, £1.9M. £2.5M to outsiders, discount for CWers.

Bill Jefferys - 28YO Prof Stam, Strong/Prof Bat, Strong/Strong LHS. Currently £1.1M.
£1.5M to outsiders, next bid is probably yours for CWers!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just thought I would put this out there. For those that don't care about the Nationality of the their Youth Pulls, pull for Sri Lanka for tomorrow.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Why the hell not.
In other news looks like the master of BT is calling it a day:

By: Pob
To: Everyone
29/05/2009 at 10:52
98454.94 in reply to all
As suspected I'm retiring and will log off for the final time at the end of the weekend or thereabouts - all the best to everyone for the future. I suspect he who dares will pick up the Championship next season - good luck.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Wage Update; 299,660 -> 337,496

Pretty happy with that especially Jeithoon only going up 20k. Should be able to keep training until Sama starts to explode.

headhunter

My wages look set to break the 100K barrier which is an increase of 40K for next season.

Friendly against my 2nd XI anyone?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Only one pop. Handy though as it means I can now finish off Lucas' stamina and all my expectional plus players will have superb stamina.

6.Mukesh Sishayi - 25 yo, BT Rating=59,333
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler. He is a destructive player with superb leadership skills and superb experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: wonderful
Fielding: mediocre

headhunter

Tim Westcarr - 18 yo, BT Rating=9,547
RH Batsman, RF Bowler. He is a cautious player with strong leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has worthless batting form, respectable bowling form and moderate fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: proficient Concentration: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: feeble

Just the one pop here.

If my YP doesn't go to plan, any ideas as to what kinda young bowler I could get with 3mill?

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
18.Tony O'Brien - 19 yo, BT Rating=14,900
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a destructive player with strong leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has superb batting form, proficient bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: proficient
Bowling: woeful Consistency: woeful

11.Bryan Bond - 22 yo, BT Rating=77,947
LH Batsman, LM Bowler. He is a defensive player with worthless leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: remarkable Concentration: superb
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: proficient

12.Stuart Batty - 22 yo, BT Rating=58,603
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a destructive player with worthless leadership skills and competent experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: superb
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: wonderful
Fielding: worthless

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
As requested. Haha I love this part of the season:

Code:
Fahmy Prasad (2549093)Fahmy is a LH Batsman and LH Spin Bowler. He is an attacking player with superb leadership skills and worthless experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Plays For: Tamil Eelam CC 
Nationality: Sri Lanka 
Battrick Rating: 5,453 
Wages: £1,067 p/w 

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: woeful 
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre 
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless 
Here are my other two main players:

Code:
Nishantha Warnakulasuriya - 22 yo, BT Rating=181,291 
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler. He is an attacking player with feeble leadership skills and feeble experience. 
He currently has worthless batting form, strong bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: respectable 
Batting: exquisite Concentration: miraculous 
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: exquisite 
Fielding: quality     

Fazlul Digana - 20 yo, BT Rating=50,140 
RH Batsman, LM Bowler. He is an attacking player with worthless leadership skills and feeble experience. 
He currently has proficient batting form, mediocre bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless 
Batting: worthless Concentration: mediocre 
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: remarkable 

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
For sale, tonights YP:

Geethan Ovais (2549127)

Geethan is a RH Batsman and RF Bowler. He is a destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.
Plays For: Tawonga Tigers
Nationality: Sri Lanka
Battrick Rating: 3,422
Wages: £388 p/w
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: mediocre

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Zat Butts - 18 yo, BT Rating=10,008
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a cautious player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: proficient Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: woeful

Is no more than two weeks off comp Stamina, prof Batting and strong Bowling. Would be chuffed to see him go to a CWer. :)

EDIT: Have an epic friendly tomorrow against my best mate/main rival. Should definately be worth watching if you're free.

Last edited:

headhunter

Anoma Cuncheer - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,661
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a defensive player with feeble leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre

Listed for 500K

EDIT: Gun name Nath :laugh:

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
Liam Sutton - 20 yo, BT Rating=30,573
RH Batsman, RF Bowler. He is a destructive player with feeble leadership skills and mediocre experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: superb
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Lost a huge toss, but the boys are trying to defend our 100-ish score. Anything is possible...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bryan Hamilton - 19 yo, BT Rating=47,062
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a defensive player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and moderate fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: strong Concentration: strong
Bowling: quality Consistency: strong