• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BatTrick Cup Part Deux - Signup, Draw, Results and Banter

nibbs

International Captain
things are interestingly poised with 7 overs to go. mutasa with 2 quick wickets, perhaps not exactly what we were after, would have been nice to see ashton stay out there for at least another 4 overs

End of Over 43: 234-4, runrate=5.44
Mutasa 7-0-42-3
Bell* 5 (5 balls)
Challis 4 (4 balls)

Last Wicket: Ashton b. Mutasa 75 (FOW: 228/4)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice finishing from Bell and Challis to get us over 300, Holmes took a bit of beating. The key will be to get Duggan out early, though any of the Whenuapai top five could be dangerous. If we don't get him out early he'll take runs off my 4th and 5th bowlers as they're both very average.

End of Over 50: 301-4, runrate=6.02
Holmes 10-0-75-0
Bell* 37 (24 balls)
Challis 37 (27 balls)
Last Wicket: Ashton b. Mutasa 75 (FOW: 228/4)

Edit: Waddell the first to fall, b. Louis for 15. Looks like it was a bad decision to let Watkins bowl considering his fitness, he's getting hammered at the moment.

End of Over 8: 47-1, runrate=5.88, reqrunrate=6.07 (301-4)
Watkins 4-0-35-0
Duggan* 1 (4 balls)
Fry 28 (24 balls)
Last Wicket: Waddell b. Louis 15 (FOW: 34/1)

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Going pretty much as expected, my bowlers all being crap and Duggan dominating. I was banking on Watkins being at least slightly useful with the ball despite his fitness but that hasn't eventuated. Should be an easy win for nibbs with my worst two bowlers to come in the last ten overs, can't see it going any other way, congrats on the cup.

Edit: Impressively crap ratings for my team, hopefully they'll be a bit better when Cuss plays and when Watkins is fit, otherwise I'm in trouble. :unsure:

So much for me talking down my chances eh, nibbs? :p

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
I fell quite comfortable now proclaiming my side as the third strongest at cricketweb. still have doubts about my sides chances of beatin hakon and adam at full strength. but i am pretty confident of having the measure of all the other cricketweb teams.

btw,

Asterix XI 301/4 (50 overs)

Aston 75 (107)
Watkins 63 (81),
Wynand 39 (40)
Challis 37no (27)
Bell 37no (24)
Mustasa 64/3

Whenuapai CC 302/2 (45.5 Overs)
Duggan 149no (124)
Hamshaw 67no (53)
Fry 65 (78)
Louis 56/1

nibbs

International Captain
Code:
	Whenuapai CC 	Asterix XI
Top Order: 	respectable 	competent
Middle Order: 	mediocre 	mediocre
Lower Order: 	abysmal 	abysmal
Seam Bowling: 	competent 	competent
Spin Bowling: 	useless 	mediocre
Fielding: 	woeful 	feeble

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
@nibbs: I think my star players are a bit better (at the moment) but your squad has much greater depth. Even at full strength I've basically only got three good bowlers and three good batsmen, so if some of them are missing or not performing well it's quite damaging. But since I've got my main players sorted out now I should be able to concentrate on filling in the gaps this season.

nibbs

International Captain
Adamc said:
@nibbs: I think my star players are a bit better (at the moment) but your squad has much greater depth.
yeh, i don't doubt that at all. my side tends to revolve around 4 batsman, most notably duggan, and 2 bowlers in holmes and mutasa. with that in mind, you have the better players. i should have a couple of quality players coming through this season but until then, i don't think that my side will probably be able to challenge the best sides battrick has to offer.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Obviously not enough time left to arrange a proper tournament this season, but if there's enough interest we could just do a straight knockout. We would need 16-32 teams for it to work, and could start next week or the week after. Nothing big, but it'd be more interesting than normal friendlies.

Anyone interested?