• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Batting gloves issue

Akk104

Cricket Spectator
Hi all,

I am new on this site. I was looking for a solution to a problem I ran into recently.

After a net session, I took off my batting glove and saw that I had been scratched. Whenever I bend the thumb, the skin right above and on the knuckle gets scratched, and it is really annoying me. Any solutions?

Akk104

Cricket Spectator
I thought of that, but I was looking for a more permanent solution. I got cut really deep and its been bothering me for almost 5 days. Any other ideas regarding fixing the glove?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’m guessing the thumb casing thing is poking through the pvc or something. I guess you could try using a pair of chop sticks to stick a band aid/nipple tape/whatever inside the glove but I can’t imagine that’s a permanent/good fix.

cnerd123

likes this
Have never experienced this issue. You're probably better off getting a new more comfortable pair of gloves.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah I daresay if a piece of equipment is injuring you the most obvious solution is to stop using it.

Akk104

Cricket Spectator
I am in America, and as you can imagine, it isn't very easy to replace equipment. :(

However, I think I figured out that it was just a loose bit of string inside. I'll need to wait for my thumb to heal before I can verify if that actually was the problem.

allaboutcricket

Cricket Spectator
I will suggest you not wear that glove anymore. Find a good cricket accessories shop and get more comfortable gloves for your practice.