• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh’s World Cup Squad: sans Tamim

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shakib Al Hasan (c), Litton Das, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Tanzid Hasan, Towhid Hridoy, Mahmudullah Riyad, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mehidy Hasan, Mahedi Hasan, Tanzim Sakib, Nasum Ahmed, Shoriful Islam, Hasan Mahmud, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman.

Mahmudullah Riyad has no business being in this team.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Shakib Al Hasan (c), Litton Das, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Tanzid Hasan, Towhid Hridoy, Mahmudullah Riyad, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mehidy Hasan, Mahedi Hasan, Tanzim Sakib, Nasum Ahmed, Shoriful Islam, Hasan Mahmud, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman.

Mahmudullah Riyad has no business being in this team.
Tanzid Hasan makes the World Cup squad with a ODI batting average of 8 and a List A average of 27

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
What a farce! Ridiculous! Tamim was forced to come out of retirement for WC then you drop him for WC when he might not be fit 100% but he was willing to give it all. It was always the case that he would never be 100% fit such is the nature of his injury and everyone knew it. He came back and scored 40 odd runs on a tough pitch and was in the field the whole NZ innings. In the press conference he said he wanted to give it all in the WC. Still they dropped him just like that. The drama started yesterday night when various reports suggested Shakib and the coach didnt want Tamim in the world cup squad. Then there were several board meetings and Tamim got dropped. His elder brother Nafees Iqbal resigned as manager as well. We could not restrain ourselves from so much drama just week before the world cup. Terrible for the team environment.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I think we lost the plot when domingo was sacked and chandika came back. I think I made several posts criticizing domingo but atleast he didnt make the team environment unhealthy. Chandika simply polluted the whole dressing room and he has basically no plans for world cup except experimenting there as well. On top of that making Shakib captain was the biggest mistake that board made. Overall I’d say we have no chance of winning a single match.

SillyCowCorner1

Wow, I can’t wait to see the movie being made about this saga…

Hopefully it ends with Tamim and Shakib lifting up the World Cup Trophy together.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, I can’t wait to see the movie being made about this saga…

Hopefully it ends with Tamim and Shakib lifting up the World Cup Trophy together.
One thing for sure that they both are very self oriented. Just a week before WC, they are all about themselves. Whats the point of creating so much drama before the WC? Tamim could wait for the world cup to end before commenting all these. Its not like he can come back in the team now. BCB should ban any video posts/interviews to media strictly from today.

SillyCowCorner1

One thing for sure that they both are very self oriented. Just a week before WC, they are all about themselves. Whats the point of creating so much drama before the WC? Tamim could wait for the world cup to end before commenting all these. Its not like he can come back in the team now. BCB should ban any video posts/interviews to media strictly from today.
I wanna know if this is a regular thing within the Bengali community? The bitterness is uncalled for.

I have a few friends from college who are Bengali and they don’t act this way at all.