• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bada$$ Names in Cricket History

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is it really a bada$$ name though ? Warrier is a very common name in that part of the world. In fact I am from the same place and have some 7-8 friends having second name "Warrier" :)
Lol. I just thought that if I replaced the 'a' with an 'o' it would be depressing.

Daemon

Bit of a rocks or diamonds player isn't he

Also that ground he's played on called Stoke-on-Trent could make a good location for some steamy NZ cricket fanfic

the big bambino

International Captain
I have a theory that Johnson is the most serviceable surname in the world. You can have anything as a given name and it will go with Johnson. Try some fruit. Pineapple Johnson. Strawberry Johnson. table accessories. Placemat Johnson. Teacup Johnson. Office supplies. Paperclip Johnson. Sticky tape Johnson. Wildlife. Magpie Johnson. Caterpillar Johnson. CW posters. Good Areas Johnson. Cowcorner Johnson. PEWS Johnson doesn't work so well though. Contrarian ... Johnson.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I have a theory that Johnson is the most serviceable surname in the world. You can have anything as a given name and it will go with Johnson. Try some fruit. Pineapple Johnson. Strawberry Johnson. table accessories. Placemat Johnson. Teacup Johnson. Office supplies. Paperclip Johnson. Sticky tape Johnson. Wildlife. Magpie Johnson. Caterpillar Johnson. CW posters. Good Areas Johnson. Cowcorner Johnson. PEWS Johnson doesn't work so well though. Contrarian ... Johnson.
Big Bambino Johnson :naughty:

jcas0167

International Debutant
Patrick Patterson
Shivnarine Chanderpaul

I always found West Indian names incredibly cool as a kid.
Same. Malcolm Marshall & Gordon Greenidge were other cool names along with Vasbert Drakes and Faoud Bacchus.

SillyCowCorner1

Sewnarine Chattergoon is fun to say to yourself quietly, especially in Tony Cozier's accent.

I can hear the Late Cozier's voice in my head, loud and clear!
+
+
+
+

Chattergoon is from the same club as me. The same club that produced cricketers such as Narsingh Deonarine, Devendra Bishoo, Gudakesh Motie-Kanhai, Veerasammy Permaul, Sew Shivnarine, Michael Chinsammy, Andrew Gonsalves, Jonathan Foo, Anthony Bramble (he played a few season for us)

SillyCowCorner1

Lemme add some more West Indian flair:

Gareth Breese
Nehemiah Perry
Wayne Daniels
Kevin Darlington
Nicholas DeGroot
Wilden Cornwall(Rakheem's uncle)
Richard Kelly
Ricardo Powell
Leon Garrick
Neil 'The Beast from the East' McGarell
Mahendra Nagamootoo
Keith Arthurton
Tonito Willett
Shamar Springer
Keemo Mandela Angus Paul.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Can imagine when Ryan Hinds snuck one through the gate it must have seemed pretty funny on the scorecard...

b.Hinds (lol)