• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Back Draft

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
SCC, if you picked an all rounder ahead of Roach, your team would be really dangerous.

Even if you went the windies angle and pickes Roachs teammate Jason Holder, id like it more.

Adcock Ambrose Trueman is elite. TBH, maybe even a batting all rounder would suffice. Thinking Charles Macartney, Ben Stokes, Saurav Ganguly types.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SCC, if you picked an all rounder ahead of Roach, your team would be really dangerous.

Even if you went the windies angle and pickes Roachs teammate Jason Holder, id like it more.

Adcock Ambrose Trueman is elite. TBH, maybe even a batting all rounder would suffice. Thinking Charles Macartney, Ben Stokes, Saurav Ganguly types.
You knew, as have everyone, from my shorting myself in the foot after that Amla pick, that I was landing myself in a pickle of sorts.

ataraxia

International Coach

Love that you're comparing Stokes' bowling to Ganguly's.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
TBH, I was just using examples. I felt like the cricketer to replace Roach, could bowl as little as Ganguly or as much as Stokes and bat within the top 6 with Ames as 7.

I was just trying to name guys unlikely to feature in tye remaining couple of teams.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TBH, I was just using examples. I felt like the cricketer to replace Roach, could bowl as little as Ganguly or as much as Stokes and bat within the top 6 with Ames as 7.

I was just trying to name guys unlikely to feature in tye remaining couple of teams.
I feel that Kemar Roach is capable of scoring a test century. It's imminent.

ataraxia

International Coach
Trueman got 3 FC centuries with a high of 104. Rely on him. Don't think he batted much at 7 though...

MrPrez

International Debutant
1. Hayden
2. Gibbs
3. Ranji
4. Tendulkar
5. Nourse
6. Noble
7. Oldfield
8. Steyn
9. Abdul Qadir
10. Bishop
11. Spofforth

Whomever took Faulkner ruined my plans, lol. As it stands, I'm not sure this team bats deep enough.

Interesting stat is that Gibbs averages about 47 as an opener, but 42 overall. I think he's somewhat underrated in these parts due to his poor performance in the middle order - Gibbs and Smith was a truly formidable opening pair.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
AndrewB's 8 hours are up so James Anderson will be my final selection please

Charter 77 Final XI

SG Barnes
Eddie Barlow
Don Bradman
Ken Barrington
Allan Border
Ian Botham
Richie Benaud (*)
Ravi Ashwin
Jack Blackham (+)
James Anderson
SF Barnes

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Bill Lawry
Barry Richards
Babar Azam
WG Grace
Frank Worrell*
Keith Miller
Jeff Dujon+
Ray Lindwall
Hedley Verity
Dennis Lillee
Jasprit Bumrah

Actually don't mind the look of this side now that its come together. Ended up with a bunch of old-school players that I like & two modern guns.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Johnny Briggs to finish.

Len Hutton
Sunil Gavaskar
George Headley
Greg Chappell
Denis Compton
Andy Flower+
Aubrey Faulkner
Imran Khan*
Johnny Briggs