• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian off season domestic 2012/13

brockley

International Captain
No 2nd xl Nufan? ,who would be in it,vital to keep pressure on the frists,and maybe close to first xl selection.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
1 Maddinson 2 Nevill 3 Smith 4 Patterson 5 Rohrer 6 Haddin 7 Henriques 8 O'Keefe 9 Starc 10 Bollinger 11 Hazlewood 12 Copeland
Yep, I'm keen for Nev to open if Haddin is available (which I think he will be) too. He's done a fair bit of it at grade level and is well-equipped technically. I think the only other opening option there would be Henriques, and I really don't think he should bat above seven at the moment.

I'd swap Patterson and Rohrer from that side and probably play Copeland ahead of Haze but that's the closest yet to a team I'm happy with.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clarke's probs gonna be there for our first couple of games so it'll be interesting how that changes the team. i'm on board with giving nevill/henriques a shot at opening rather than Cruickshank/Hughes/Dawson. at least to start with. i assume CA will push us to leave out Copeland but i'd rather current form/conditions and all that sort it out. Lee retiring should ensure Starc and Cummins are at the T20 WC, so it won't be a problem for the first couple of matches anyway

bondi beach

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Team when Australia players available:

Watson, Warner, Smith, Clarke, Haddin, Henriques, O'Keefe, Starc, Copeland, Bollinger, Cummins 12th man: Hazlewood

When they are not:

Maddinson, Cruickshank, Smith, Rohrer, Patterson, Nevill, Henriques, O'Keefe, Copeland, Bollinger, Hazelwood

2XI

Hughes, Henry, Dawson (c, +), Abbott, Lalor, Bills, Zampa, Doran, Tremain, Sandhu, Conway

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Team when Australia players available:

Watson, Warner, Smith, Clarke, Haddin, Henriques, O'Keefe, Starc, Copeland, Bollinger, Cummins 12th man: Hazlewood

When they are not:

Maddinson, Cruickshank, Smith, Rohrer, Patterson, Nevill, Henriques, O'Keefe, Copeland, Bollinger, Hazelwood
I almost prefer the "not" team due to the outrageously stupid balance you have in that top side.

bondi beach

No; you pick your best team.
That IS NSW best team!

Watson for Cruickshank
Warner for Maddinson
Clarke for Rohrer
Haddin for Nevill (I wouldn't but NSW selectors will)
Cummins for Hazlewood
Starc for Patterson (Should be Bollinger but I think the NSW selectors will drop the youngster instead)

Last edited:

Spikey

it's not really outrageously stupid when you consider some of the teams we've picked....

assuming our first shield match takes place during the t20 WC and Watson, Warner, Starc, Cummins being the guys over there:

Maddinson
Nevill
Smith
Clarke *
Rohrer
Patterson/Henriques
Haddin (+)
SOK
Copeland
Hazelwood
dougeh

sok not being captain means we could leave him out if conditions suit. i guess if that happens both patterson and henriques play

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That IS NSW best team!
Yes because the fact that Henriques might be able to bowl one over as the seventh bowler in that side compensates for the fact that he's not Rohrer or Nevill's arse as a batsman.

It's not even remotely close to NSW's best side. Those sort of sides are precisely why we keep under-performing.

bondi beach

Yes because the fact that Henriques might be able to bowl one over as the seventh bowler in that side compensates for the fact that he's not Rohrer or Nevill's arse as a batsman.

It's not even remotely close to NSW's best side. Those sort of sides are precisely why we keep under-performing.
The players may have changed but the selectors have not therefore Rohrer and Nevill will continue to be left out when the international players are available.

Spikey

uh we changed the selection panel. the captain and coach are now part of the team. a very good change because they'll actually want to win