• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2019/20

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I suspect he's probable only fourth middle order bat picked now whereas he was third before the summer started. Fourth middle order bat who doesn't really bowl is always under pressure.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
That Queensland side, jesus bloody christ. Lost pretty much their entire bowling attack. Well, all the actual bowlers in said attack at least.

Notionally Doggett/Stanlake/Bartlett/Edwards is actually an attack I really quite like, raw AF but plenty to work with there. We all know that won't happen though

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That Queensland side, jesus bloody christ. Lost pretty much their entire bowling attack. Well, all the actual bowlers in said attack at least.

Notionally Doggett/Stanlake/Bartlett/Edwards is actually an attack I really quite like, raw AF but plenty to work with there. We all know that won't happen though
How did they lose them? Did a plane go down or something? They should check behind the fridge, that's where I find stuff I've lost.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
That Australia A game mainly. Khawaja, Neser, Wildermuth, Swepson and Steketee are all in that game. Marnus is in the ODI squad and Renshaw has opted for more time off

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, redbacks squad is out. Worrall misses out, but fortunately I have it in good authority that he is largely fine and is merely getting the cotton wool treatment. Pope called up despite his struggles in the CAXI game, but then again Doggett was the only bowler not to suffer some tap really. Game is at Bankstown, which tends to be a pretty slow deck so a proper spinner is definitely worthwhile

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Also, redbacks squad is out. Worrall misses out, but fortunately I have it in good authority that he is largely fine and is merely getting the cotton wool treatment. Pope called up despite his struggles in the CAXI game, but then again Doggett was the only bowler not to suffer some tap really. Game is at Bankstown, which tends to be a pretty slow deck so a proper spinner is definitely worthwhile
#TeamTom

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Khuwaja opening and Maddinson batting 3 in the Australia A game, really interesting role reversal, usman gunning for burn's spot on the test side obviously.

Gnske

At least Bryant will be pure slapstick comedy in the truest sense of its meaning.

Midwinter

State Captain
Shield Round 7 - Its back at last

Cellar dweller Vic won their first game over the previously undefeated Waratahs, SA won their second game and sent Tassie to the bottom and The Bananabenders put some distance between them and the Sandgropers in the tussle for second spot on the table.

NSW on top with a clear lead, Qld with a gap back to WA, SA and Vic, Tassie the only team out of it. A good finish to the season by any of the others snatch second from Qld,

Star of the round was Maddinson with a second innings 105no off 80 balls to set up a declaration along with 95 in the first innings, Gotch got a 100no, Dean did well with the bat, Siddle got a fivefo and young Parker picked a up a few wickets in his first game. Tassie got thrashed, rolled for 78 first time round, Neser getting 4/18, In the second dig Paine and McDermott got 60's.Solid batting from the Qlders, Bird getting 4 wickets. For SA Cooper made 99, Weatherald 60, Sayers with 4 wickets in the first innings and Worrall with 5 in the second, were too good for WA Marsh and Stionis with 60's Kelly with 5 wickets for the game and a return to the game of Paris.

Runs
SA Cooper 671, Weatherald 568
WA SMarsh 663, Green 459
Vic Maddinson 648, Harris 350
NSW Henriques 512,Hughes 397
Tas Doolan 483, Wade 353
Qld Street 336, Labuschagne 286

Cooper takes over as leading run scorer again just ahead of Smarsh.
Maddinson now a close third after an even 200 runs in the game

Despite being 2nd on the table Qld's leading runscorer, Street, is 16th on the list while Labuschagne is 23rd, indicating the low scoring nature of their games

Weatherald now up to 4th overall and Henriques now 5th

Bowling
SA WAgar 28,Sayers 26,
Tas Bird 28,Meredith 20
Qld Neser 26, Gannon 25, Steketee 25
NSW Conway 21,Starc 17,
Vic Siddle 25, Tremain 16
WA Kelly 18,Stoinis 14

In the surprise of the season so far Wes Agar is now equal leading wicket taker with Bird.
Neser and Sayers now on 26,
Qld's success has been lead by their bowlers Skeketee and Gannon having 25 wiickets apiece
Siddle also up to 25
Kelly has 18, WA's leading bowler is 10th on the list

Stumpers (ct/st - runs@ave)

Qld Pierson 26/- 257@28.6
WA Inglis 25/- 322@29.7
NSW Neville 21/3 360@45
Tas Paine 15/2, 226 @37.67
Tas Doran 16/- 142@20.3 (4 games)
SA Carey 15/- 386@55.1 (4 games)
Vic Harper 12/1 158@22.6

Not much news on the dismissals front, Paine back for Tassie, Gotch back for the Vics

Twirley men

O'Keefe 16@22.5, Swepson 13@28, Lyon 10@39.5, Holland 8@59, Labuschagne 4@26, T.Andrews 4@110, Maxwell 3@75.7,A.Zampa 3@88, A.Agar 3@136

O'Keefe, now 14th on the overall list,

Not much success for the spinners this round

Next round starts 24/2

Last edited:

stephen

Great work midwinter, though I think you missed a decimal in Paine's average.

Queensland's to scorer has scored less than the second top run scorer from every other state.

social

A coach showed me roughly 40 overs old top grade Duke and Kookaburra

The Kooka really is a heap of crap

Spark

Global Moderator
All else being equal, Shane Watson still is probably in the best 6 T20 batsmen in the country, right?