• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2018/19

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
FMD Renshaw must be miles down the pecking order for an opening spot now. Just had a busted arse of a season.
Behind at least Warner, Burns, Harris and Bancroft. Probably would pick Hughes ahead of him as well in his current form. However when he turns his form he is so highly rated he will be in the selectors thoughts straight away.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
He has not done much for the rest of the season, one good innings should not be enough. I would not be even taking him on the A tour let alone the main tour. His batting might seduce the selectors as he could be an ALLROUNDER.
30 wickets @ 23 is hardly a bad season. Already in the conversation given he got picked to tour previously. I'd be very, very surprised if he didn't get a run on the A tour.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I put the game on at ~150/2 and turned it off at ~190/5 when Bertus got out. Aside from my fairly epic jinx powers - I think Larkin might've been dismissed by the first ball I saw him face, and I put it on mainly to watch him bat - NSW actually had a really good day.

I'll have the opportunity to watch a lot more tomorrow, but maybe I just shouldn't.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I put the game on at ~150/2 and turned it off at ~190/5 when Bertus got out. Aside from my fairly epic jinx powers - I think Larkin might've been dismissed by the first ball I saw him face, and I put it on mainly to watch him bat - NSW actually had a really good day.

I'll have the opportunity to watch a lot more tomorrow, but maybe I just shouldn't.
Don't. You have a CWPL to do. And that guarantees more Larkin runs, and therefore more Cribb happiness.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Don't. You have a CWPL to do. And that guarantees more Larkin runs, and therefore more Cribb happiness.
Haha to be fair, sitting at my computer with some random cricket game on one half the screen is how most of the CWPL work has already been done.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
30 wickets @ 23 is hardly a bad season. Already in the conversation given he got picked to tour previously. I'd be very, very surprised if he didn't get a run on the A tour.
When I last looked a couple of matches ago he was averaging over 30 for the season. I tend to think he will be picked as well but don't think he should be picked ahead of other options like Boland, Tremain and Pattinson. That trio along with the couple of fast bowlers who miss out on the WC squad should be enough.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'd also assume Patto is in the Ashes-proper and would be wrapped in cotton wool so won't go.

Bird, Neser, Tremain probably the three I'd expect to be lined up for the A squad. Kane Richardson for WC depth, maybe Paris as the more 'development' option (even though he's, what, 27 now?)

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He has not done much for the rest of the season, one good innings should not be enough. I would not be even taking him on the A tour let alone the main tour. His batting might seduce the selectors as he could be an ALLROUNDER.
He's been pretty solid all season tbf. He would be picked as a backup and an all rounder if he was to be picked but:
Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood
Pattinson
Richardson

All should be ahead of him for a fast bowling spot.

stephen

I'd also assume Patto is in the Ashes-proper and would be wrapped in cotton wool so won't go.

Bird, Neser, Tremain probably the three I'd expect to be lined up for the A squad. Kane Richardson for WC depth, maybe Paris as the more 'development' option (even though he's, what, 27 now?)
Bird has been brilliant this season and really should still be in the frame. He's in the unfortunate position of being behind probably five other bowlers though.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant

Pattinson is saying the exact opposite, he wants to play as much cricket as he can leading into the Ashes so he can be at his best.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/nic...eld-adelaide-karen-rolton-fielding/2019-03-20 After the stuff about Maddinson.

mr_mister

Maddinson had such an awesome season amongst two big injuries.

And I'm so scared Pattinson will get injured again. I guess he thinks he needs to play as much as possible to guarantee a spot

turnstyle

First Class Debutant
Tuned in for a bit. That Bertus guy looked out of his depth, not anywhere near FC standard. Not sure who decided it was a good idea to play him.

Gnske

Can I also just add Jake Lehmann's dismissal to an unplayable delivery yesterday was hard to watch. The only almost impossible thing he could have done to prevent it was maybe move his front foot for the first time in his career to the pitch of the ball.