• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2015/16

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
SA squad: Travis Head (capt), Nick Benton, Tom Cooper, Mark Cosgrove, Callum Ferguson, Jake Lehmann, Tim Ludeman, Joe Mennie, Kane Richardson, Alex Ross, Kelvin Smith, Chadd Sayers, Adam Zampa.

WA squad: Shaun Marsh (capt), Ashton Agar, Cameron Bancroft, Tom Beaton, Jason Behrendorff, Will Bosisto, Marcus Harris, Michael Hogan, Michael Klinger, Simon Mackin, David Moody, Joel Paris, Sam Whiteman.

Cricket Australia XI Queensland squad: Chris Hartley (capt), Ben Cutting, Jason Floros, Peter George, Sam Heazlett, Scott Henry, Marnus Labuschagne, Michael Neser, Nathan Reardon, Matthew Renshaw, Mark Steketee, Jack Wildermuth.

Gee that is an experienced lineup by QLD. I am looking forward to seeing how Sayers, Paris and Floros perform in their first games of the year, if selected.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Bizarre that Forrest can't crack the Bulls lineup even after captaining the side in the one dayers and with two batsmen up in the test team.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bizarre that Forrest can't crack the Bulls lineup even after captaining the side in the one dayers and with two batsmen up in the test team.
Yeah it's seriously weird considering he's a much better four-day player than he is a one-day player. He must have really pissed someone off.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Saker 'frustrated' with Pattinson resting | cricket.com.au

saker is like the perfect victorian coach. baggy blue comment coming any day now
Just finished Whitewash to Whitewash and literally every time the physios go "nah, rest that quick, he'll get injured" and the ****s play him anyway, they get ****ing injured and are out for extended periods. Bollinger after the CLT20 and Pattinson in Adelaide the two key examples.

Listen to the people who know what they're talking about, ffs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just finished Whitewash to Whitewash and literally every time the physios go "nah, rest that quick, he'll get injured" and the ****s play him anyway, they get ****ing injured and are out for extended periods. Bollinger after the CLT20 and Pattinson in Adelaide the two key examples.

Listen to the people who know what they're talking about, ffs.
I think the idea of players resting from Tests quite rightly doesn't sit well with people though. I think they need to change their language a bit and effectively say "even though he's not in pain, he's injured, and the injury will get worse if he plays" instead of saying he needs a rest. Then the player can just be ruled out with injury and avoid the "resting" controversy.

I think they've already started doing this tbf.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, the other example of that was Ryan Harris in the West Indies. Gets rested against his wishes after playing a key role in the First Test win, comes back for the Third and dominates, realising exactly why he was rested.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The decision to rest Patto is crazy. I don't have a problem with CA putting a limit on the number of overs he bowls per day, but the guy will have gone almost an entire week since he bowled a ball in a competitive match.

adub

International Captain
The decision to rest Patto is crazy. I don't have a problem with CA putting a limit on the number of overs he bowls per day, but the guy will have gone almost an entire week since he bowled a ball in a competitive match.
#picktheguywhohadpattointheshielddraft

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Patto has played 1 Shield match, I don't think he should be rested due to workload. The guy bowled what 9 overs last Friday.. I just think Victoria who typically play Stoinis, Christian and Maxwell could afford and would benefit playing Patto but restricting him to say 10-12 overs per day.

adub

International Captain
Patto has played 1 Shield match, I don't think he should be rested due to workload. The guy bowled what 9 overs last Friday.. I just think Victoria who typically play Stoinis, Christian and Maxwell could afford and would benefit playing Patto but restricting him to say 10-12 overs per day.
#picktheguywhohadpattointheshielddraft

Midwinter

State Captain
The article posted by Spikey says that was already predetermined that Patto would miss this game regardless of the number of overs bowled in the last shield game.

CA please give us some context for these baffling decisions.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
well see they've probably looked at the fixture and decided that pattinson should not play 5 shield games in a quick period, in addition to several OD games, so he will be rested for one of the shield games

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I guess with this **** weather in Sydney it might not be the absolute worse game to miss.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Injury-prone quick playing back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back Shield games after bowling the maximum amount of overs he could in the Matador, breaking down mid-game somewhere and missing the rest of the season, or injury-prone quick missing a Shield game for preventative injury management and putting in a gun summer that involves destroying West Indian bats at the MCG?