• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia/New Zealand motorsport thread

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I don't really follow motorsport, but one hell of an effort from Scott McLaughlin to finish 2nd in the Indycars (behind a fellow Kiwi named Scott, no less) so early in this stage of his career.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't really follow motorsport, but one hell of an effort from Scott McLaughlin to finish 2nd in the Indycars (behind a fellow Kiwi named Scott, no less) so early in this stage of his career.
Absolutely this. To adapt to both a completely different style of car, and then to a whole other style of racing with the ovals, that was seriously impressive. Never doubted his talent but I didn't expect this much this soon

Going out to the Bend for the Supercars once again today. Weather looks... not brilliant

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Worth noting that with Morrison having been at Bathurst today, the echidna wasn't the most painful prick seen on the track.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah was cringe seeing scomo there. He had already buggered off by lap 40ish anyway from what I recall

As to the race, probably the most dominant Bathurst performance from one car since 2008 imo, Mostert and Holdsworth were just on another level. Especially thrilled for Leethal, bloke didn't at all deserve to lose his fulltime drive at the end of last year, good to see him land on his feet here

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Yesterday was a very good day to be a Frosty fan :wub:

Was also nice to see Davo get a result and Percat keeps showing he’s still a quality driver. Waters seems to have bounced back and rip Chaz’s tyre.