• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia/New Zealand motorsport thread

Flem274*

123/5
missed qualy. i remember being a bit underwhelmed by the bend last year, but anywhere is better than queensland raceway.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
missed qualy. i remember being a bit underwhelmed by the bend last year, but anywhere is better than queensland raceway.
Looks much better in person imo.

Key that Mostert takes full advantage of pole. If McLaughlin gets away well I can see him running away out front

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I guess I am full of ****e. McLaughlin did win, but Mostert did certainly give him a bit of trouble.

Feel sorry for Simona de Silverstro, taken out in somebody else's crash once again.

Speaking of Simona, here she is with some moron

20190824_104047.jpg

Flem274*

123/5
nice photo mate.

it's a shame she's in one of the kelly krates, because this is a tough series for overseas drivers to get to grips with and she's already got the scrutiny on her because she's a woman and expected to win or be branded 'diversity for the sake of it'. she's doing about what you'd expect a driver used to high downforce single seaters their entire careers would manage. see also stanaway, richie. the casuals love to tear into him too lol, though he brings a lot on himself with his mouth.

andre heimgartner another who needs to get the hell out of the 'only rick matters' team because he can seriously steer a car.

Flem274*

123/5
on the race itself, i never thought i'd say this after spending my teens getting blue balls over murphy's nearly seasons, but fmd scotty mac in a mustang is just too good. skaife and whincup levels of dominance, though he won't stick around long enough to equal their achievements.

im hoping to see svg back up the front soon. i like how much he annoys the other drivers and while his meme driving causes him to make silly errors sometimes, he's a lot of fun to have in a field.

i thought mostert drove well, but can't escape the feeling he'd do well to escape the prodrive trap of nearly great that they've spent two decades being. he's a quality driver.

Flem274*

123/5
also i hope dixon or power keep the yanks at bay tomorrow. it's funny when the one true hemisphere dominate that lot. wish we could beat the pampered little euro princes at the f1 game.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah McLaughlin absolutely at the top of his game, Mustang number 17 the class of the field (well aside from Townsville at least). Not sure where Mostert could end up, Tickford can't match DJRTP consistently, as a team they have a tendency to go completely missing from time to time. Heard plenty of rumours about WAU but frankly they are even worse in that respect. Always knew Fabian would be retained for next season, even if he is turning into the Kiwi Rubens Barrichello somewhat

Flem274*

123/5
fabs has lifted his game this year even accounting for the mustangs superiority. no issues with him being retained this time.

walkinshaw have been terrible since losing factory support. doesn't help james courtney is in one seat and probably gets a massive salary. im not a fan.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
And another one, 16 for the season. Feel a touch sorry for Will Davison with that airbox issue, but honestly I doubt he could have held McLaughlin off anyway.

Courtney really hasn't delivered the sort of results required for a few years now, he is indeed on good coin as you say. I know the equipment isn't great but sometime it just seems like he can't really be arsed anymore. Would say the same about Winterbottom to a lesser extent

Flem274*

123/5
will be interesting to see how long walkinshaw's american co owner tolerates abject mediocrity when his rival wins every other race

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
will be interesting to see how long walkinshaw's american co owner tolerates abject mediocrity when his rival wins every other race
Hence the rumours of them signing Chaz Mostert, they will certainly throw a lot of $$$ at him. But honestly Chaz shouldn't do it, WAU need far more than a change of drivers to move up the field. Need a thorough clean out of the dead wood at both engineering and management level

Days of Grace

International Captain
Been following Motorsport since the mid 1990s and very interested in early Formula 1 era.

Did anyone watch the Bruce McLaren documentary?

Guy was my damn hero!

Flem274*

123/5
cant read that but i saw mark skaife comments so rip whoever has to drink when he goes through his phrases

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah the picture quality is absolute potato tier

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pick two cars, one from the top 10 and one not

Take a sip:
When the safety car is called
The end of the safety car
Everytime your car is passed
Blue Flags are waved
When your car is shown on TV or mentioned

Drink twice:
If your car caused or was involved in the safety car
If your car goes all 4 wheels off the track
Everytime your car has an unscheduled pit stop
Anytime your car gets a penalty or sportsmanship warning
If your car retires
If your car has to double stack in a pitstop
Anytime your ****box car passes your good car

Finish your drink:
When Mark Skaife says "It's on for young and old"
When Mark Skaife says "Championship changing stuff"
When Mark Skaife says "He's in the fence"
When Mark Skaife says "A very mature drive"
When Riana stutters in an interview
When either Roland Dane, Mark Dutton, Tim Edwards or Garry Rogers are interviewed
In car camera, roll bar adjustment

Pick someone to drink:
If your car executes a clean racing pass for position

Flem274*

123/5
that was surviveable until we got to the mark skaife rules

im looking forward to seeing how the prodrive entries will screw up good positions again this year. fortunately they've never been one of my favourites but if i were an fpr and tickford guy i think i'd be a very dark supercars fan.

i admit i didn't think i'd get bored of djr domination so fast. i spent my childhood praying for kmart racing to rise above hrt and stone brothers and well...and then when scotty mac got in that newcastle mess i wanted him to win so badly in 2018 and he did.

this year has just been f1 esque boring domination tho. fabian is a good driver and i rated him in his bjr days with inferior equipment but he's either aged too much or he's getting eddie irvine'd. if the mustang is the new benchmark then we need car 18 to have a driver capable of beating scotty and prodrive to fire tim edwards and hire someone who can make them championship material.

i hope richie stanaway finally gets in the punch up he's spoiling for. far better steerer than the fb casuals realise but he's yet another single seater ace who struggles to adjust to the rocket powered garden sheds we have here, even if they're more aerodynamic these days.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
McLaughlin with an excellent shootout lap once again, Mostert 2nd but was outpaced quite comprehensively. But Qualifying is perhaps less important at Bathurst than any other track. Wouldn't write off Triple8 at all, especially having two genuine legends of the sport as co drivers. Reynolds being absolutely nowhere is a bit of a surprise though.