• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aussie team picked - no MacGill

anzac

International Debutant
Gaijin-san said:

OOoopppss.............. : :oops:

can I claim I was keeping in spirit with the prior post re MacGill praising MacGill???? :smartass:

nah - not that clever - mind you it's got me wondering what else I may have posted at the time with only 2 hrs sleep!!!! :scared:

Andre

International Regular
Lions81 said:
Yes, so surely he could've called his teammates up first to gauge their willingness not to tour and then done it en masse, instead of trying to be the lone ranger.
And herein lies the remarkable thing. Should MacGill have gone and taken 20 wickets in the 3 Tests, you'd all sit back and claim 'his wickets only come against weak opposition'. He stands up for what he believes is right in what may end his Test career, misses out on some easy poles, but he still can't win.

Makes you wonder.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Archbishop Desmond Tutu today indicated that he'd support a boycott of Zimbabwe.

http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/APR/133011_ZIM_25APR2004.html

This might make a big difference - it will crystallize for some players that it's enough of a moral issue for Tutu to compare South Africa's issues of the past to current events in Zimbabwe. I think that many players (and people) have been reluctant to make that connection up to this point. (In fact, an interesting survey might be to ask current players what they think of the boycott of South Africa over apartheid.)

Craig

World Traveller
I think people should start putting their support of MacGill in their sigs if they believe he is right.

I believe he is.