• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Attn: all aspiring Aussie communications/journo types who love cricket

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
This just appeared on my SEEK Jobmail email today:

Me want cookies!

Cricket Victoria is one of Australia's leading sporting organisations and carries the responsibility of developing cricket throughout the State. From grassroots cricket to the elite teams, the DEC Bushrangers and the DEC Spirit, we nurture, promote and grow the sport.

The DEC Bushrangers are the leading domestic cricket team in the country and after two successive qualifications into the Airtel Champions League Twenty20 tournament, both the Bushrangers and Cricket Victoria (CV) are set to continue to market themselves on the world wide stage.

•Are you a great communicator
•Immediate start – 6 month contract
•Challenging and exciting role

Season 2010/11 brings one of the biggest summers imaginable for CV’s Communications team with the Vodafone Ashes Boxing Day Test, KFC Twenty20 Big Bash and an action-packed domestic season.

With the season already underway we are seeking a dynamic and energetic “Communications Assistant” to assist our communications team in public relations and communications strategies and building strong relationships with various stakeholders.

The role is responsible for assisting with media management relating to the Victorian State teams and players, coordinating public affairs initiatives, with a focus on producing content, professional writing, media relations and print production.

Duties of this position include:

•Media liaison for Game Development, High Performance and Premier Cricket and other strategically important initiatives.
•Producing communication material, for example: media releases, online content, feature articles, match programs.
•Assisting with campaigns and internal/external communications.
•Co-ordination of media interviews as required - including Players, Coaches and Staff.
•Assistance with CV’s Community program (inclusive of player appearances and memorabilia donations).
•Brand management at media and public appearances, maximising sponsor exposure.
•Co-ordination and maintenance of media contacts, database and photo library.
•Assistance with social media initiatives, programs and online projects.

To be successful you will have a tertiary qualification in PR/Communications (or currently be completing a degree in this field). You will posses high levels of initiative, service excellence and the ability to work well within a team.
Don't think it'd pay enough for me (and I wouldn't get the job anyway) but knock yourselves out.