• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATG ODI WC.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok, so how this is gonna work is i'm going to do a 20 team "ATG" ODI wc between 10-20 nations.

The 20 total nations I can pick from are:
Australia
England
India
New Zealand
Pakistan
South africa
Sri lanka
west indies
bangladesh
zimbabwe
ireland
afganistan
scotland
netherlands
uae
omans
hong kong
namibia
PNG
and Nepal

Each team will pick a squad of 15, with a starting 11 and 4 backups composed based on the first 11 and what they need reserves of. They can also bring in injury replacements after a game.

World cup will have either have a group stage where all 20 teams play each other once, or maybe some kind of multi group system where 4 groups of 5 or chosen based on an RNG and finalists are picked from there, whatever works better.

Pitches will rotate between A flat pitch, a green/pace friendly pitch and a spinner's pitch each game, so game 1 will be flat, game 2 green, game 3 dustbowl, game 4 flat until where done.

I need you guys to decide:
A)How many teams to include
B) Squad's for the selected teams
C) How to disperse the teams selected.

I get off UNI on the 16th of feb, so think working those 3 things out in stages over the next 13 days or longer if required is the best way to go about it.

Edit: Will include 16 teams. 12 teams in this post with test nation status (everyone to afganistan) will auto be included, will have a qualifier tournament where the 4 semi finalist's make the tournament to cap it out at 16. Tourney itself will be 4 groups of 4, top 2 teams from each group will make the quarters. Will gen groups after qualifiers are done, the team that wins the qualifiers will get the easiest group, second place second easiest, etc.

QUALIFIER =
scotland
netherlands
uae Cricaddict.
omans
hong kong
namibia : Nintendo
PNG: Howe_zat
Nepal: srbhkshk

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
@CricAddict I'm thinking quarter finals with top 8 teams if its just one twenty team group or something similiar with top 2 teams from each group progressing to the quarter's if it's larger groups. Posted in the wrong forum initially.

srbhkshk

International Captain
I am assuming you are going to sim these games?

Generally it's fun for a lot of people if you allow them to manage one team each, maybe you can try something like that?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
One person can manage each team, first come first serve. Just post the the team you want to manage and the AT 11 + 4 extra's you want for the initial squad. If somoene's inactive for too long i'll just push back the fixtures for that team and play the next game.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Teams for the qualifier tournament are:
scotland
netherlands
uae
omans
hong kong
namibia
PNG
and Nepal

I'll be doing this first before deciding management for the later stage. Will reassign managers once the final 16 have been chosen, if a team get's knocked out the manager of that team can take one of the 16 in the final draw.

I'll do Namibia, who wants to manage the other small team.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel this thread belongs more in the forum games thread where you created it earlier, than the main forum.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel this thread belongs more in the forum games thread where you created it earlier, than the main forum.
Yeah probably does, but there's alot more activity in the general forum, unsure if enough people will see the thread in the subforum. Mods can move it if it belongs in the games forum.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Gun. I'll pick the England team

Are the most recent players up to date? Most of the England players with the best ODI records got them over the last 10 years.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Gun. I'll pick the England team

Are the most recent players up to date? Most of the England players with the best ODI records got them over the last 10 years.
The sim has data up to april or may 2022 I think? Are you interested in managing one of the smaller teams before england? Doing the qualifiers first with the bottom 8 teams. Once that's done you can take the same team in the tourney if they qualify or swap to england.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
EZ pz you can take india for the main stage, do you wanna take one of the 8 teams for the qualifiers? The team you take there can be the same or you can do india once we reach the 16 team group stage.
I'll take west indies for the main stage.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Are you interested in managing one of the smaller teams before england? Doing the qualifiers first with the bottom 8 teams. Once that's done you can take the same team in the tourney if they qualify or swap to england.
Sure why not. PNG