• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Associates ODI draft

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Though, I do think voting and splitting teams will be difficult if we're forced to be picking batsmen based on a single decent WC knock as early as round 7, which is what I'm picturing for myself lol

Teuton

International Captain
Though, I do think voting and splitting teams will be difficult if we're forced to be picking batsmen based on a single decent WC knock as early as round 7, which is what I'm picturing for myself lol
Don't worry, there have been a lot of associate odis in the last 20 years so plenty of players have many games under their belts.

Last edited:

Teuton

International Captain

Teuton

International Captain
8 hours per pick, JOJOXI is up. I didnt hear back but if @AndrewB or any other late entrants wish to join i can slot them in at the end of R1.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
For this draft, only players who played an ODI for a nation before that nation played its inaugural Test are eligible. This includes any nations that haven't played Tests.

To compensate for a shallow top end, R3 will be a repeat of R2. Other round orders will be as usual.

Post in if interested.

8 hours per pick.
This rule takes out a lot of good minnow players like Neil Johnson, Goodwin, Sean Williams, Brendan Taylor, Gurbaz, Adair etc. but rightly so.

Teuton

International Captain
Since its the first pick and listing probably came out late at night in the UK I will say it is a 12 hour time out for the first 2 days. Then reverting back to 8hr

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
@Magrat Garlick up, by the looks of things.

Go Norwegian, Magrat!

(just gonna note this draft is going to be trickier than I thought due to that spell in the 2000s when a number of associates lost ODI status post-world-cup. Definitely gonna be some guys picked based on reputation and first class stats rather than just ODI/List A abilities.)