• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashwin vs Lillee

Better Bowler

• Total voters

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
To be fair, I don't recall him saying he was better, but that he was the most difficult to bowl to since he handled reverse so well.

Wasim is just one person though.
But since Wasim is sooooo great shouldn’t opinion count for sooo much more?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Meh, I don't think anyone said individual opinions of peers mean much. But if there's an overwhelming consensus on a players greatness among contemporaries, then surely that should count for something.

subshakerz

International Coach
Meh, I don't think anyone said individual opinions of peers mean much. But if there's an overwhelming consensus on a players greatness among contemporaries, then surely that should count for something.
Yes. And it doesn't overrule record entirely but for me it can be a differentiating factor between close players.