• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashwin vs Lillee

Better Bowler

• Total voters

ma1978

International 12th Man
Lillee is in the absolute T1 ATG category. Undisputed in that status. Ashwin is not in the same league. This thread is surely a trolling effort.
Of course it’s a trolling effort when considering bowling only. Lillee is considered by many to be the GOAT.

You just have a poster here who’s obsessed with Ashwin and Jadeja.

number11

U19 Captain
Of course it’s a trolling effort when considering bowling only. Lillee is considered by many to be the GOAT.

You just have a poster here who’s obsessed with Ashwin and Jadeja.
I believe Imran Khan and Hadlee rated DKL #1 in that time. That's enough insight to highlight how great Lillee was. Immy and Hadlee are in the top few themselves so DKL's peer review tells us everything.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Lillee is in the absolute T1 ATG category. Undisputed in that status. Ashwin is not in the same league. This thread is surely a trolling effort.
yeah the only reason im voting Ashwin here is because op is on a personal crusade against him

subshakerz

International Coach
No. It's sincere because I thought there is sufficient number of Ashwin fans on the other side who feel this is a meaningful comparison. Glad I am wrong.

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
I voted for Lillee initially, but then I remembered that I was the one to question Lillee's status as an undisputed ATG despite really performing at that level against 1 team; and if he is then why Ashwin can't; and now I feel obligated to vote for Ash.

subshakerz

International Coach
I voted for Lillee initially, but then I remembered that I was the one to question Lillee's status as an undisputed ATG despite really performing at that level against 1 team; and if he is then why Ashwin can't; and now I feel obligated to vote for Ash.
Yeah. The fact that it is not a blow out for Lillee is significant. Shows how much Ashwin padding is still out there.

ma1978

International 12th Man
Yeah. The fact that it is not a blow out for Lillee is significant. Shows how much Ashwin padding is still out there.
he has more wickets at a similar average, has been the best player indisputably in his discipline for a decade, is considered by his peers to be the best, and it’s not like Lillee doesn’t have holesin his record

subshakerz

International Coach
he has more wickets at a similar average, has been the best player indisputably in his discipline for a decade, is considered by his peers to be the best, and it’s not like Lillee doesn’t have holesin his record
Well that's why I made this thread. I didn't think it was outrageous.

subshakerz

International Coach
There are quite a few that put Kohli above Sachin or answer in a very non committal manner when asked to choose one above the other.
Peer rating is largely bull****.
I care more about peer rating of those who actually played against the cricketer in question.