• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Cricket 2017??

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
DBC14 was a big leap forward. I'm kind of prepared to call that one good. It hasn't aged amazingly but it was definitely good for a 2014 indy game.

DBC17 just wasn't finished when they released it - it was a downgrade at release. A bunch of patches later and it was almost what you'd have expected to be released following DBC14, but most people had already returned or given up on the game by that point, and it still wasn't the upgrade many were hoping for.

I haven't played AC17 yet (I can't yet - the one downside of belonging to the PC masterace :( ) but it has good reviews, from many of the same people who (rightly) trashed the initial DBC17 release, so I have high hopes.
This would be the main selling point for me.

Cow

Banned
Will it have a Streetfighter element to the game? Stokes will obviously be the final boss.. similar to M Bison.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Came out on PC this morning and I played it for a few hours before the Test came on -- I love it. It's actually even a bit better than I expected.. there were some good reviews but it didn't look that much better than DBC17 on the YouTube LetsPlays of it I watched (mainly GingerBreadMan's :p ). It absolutely is.

Bijed

International Regular
Came out on PC this morning and I played it for a few hours before the Test came on -- I love it. It's actually even a bit better than I expected.. there were some good reviews but it didn't look that much better than DBC17 on the YouTube LetsPlays of it I watched (mainly GingerBreadMan's :p ). It absolutely is.
Had completely missed that it was out on PC now, wasn't expecting it until January or so (I think like with DBC17), cheers for mentioning it - downloading now :)

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
If I buy this and it's not good, then I'm coming after you.

EDIT: reading a lot of complaints over at PC that the batting is way too easy on the hardest difficulties. Have you noticed this too?

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If I buy this and it's not good, then I'm coming after you.

EDIT: reading a lot of complaints over at PC that the batting is way too easy on the hardest difficulties. Have you noticed this too?
Yeah that's definitely true, especially if you use the new controls.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Stumpings are pissing me off. Play and miss at a spinner and you're basically auto-gone.

Bijed

International Regular
First impression pretty decent. Graphically seems much the same as DBC17, though some of the new animations are nice and the likenesses of the licensed players are decent enough. Areas outside stadiums still seem to be from the original Operation Flashpoint, however, which is a shame.

Batting to me feels much like DBC17, but looks nicer thanks to the animations, which make it look much more authentic. Haven't tried pace bowling yet but spin bowling feels quite a lot different - seems much harder to put the ball where you want (a good thing imo, on DBC17 it was basically trivial).

AI seems better as well. Bowlers don't seem to decide to pound out a borderline-wide line for half a spell anymore and nor to batsmen get out at bat-pad two-thirds of the time because they drive every second delivery.

Commentary is still pretty much typical of what you'd expect, though it's nice to have a well-known commentator doing voices (I know, even if it is Slats - he doesn't seem to randomly say things with the wrong pronunciation or inflection like the guy in the old game did). Incorrect commentary being said happens fairly often, mind. Basically enjoying it overall.

Stumpings are pissing me off. Play and miss at a spinner and you're basically auto-gone.
This is a gripe, though not quite what you're saying (though I'm not doubting you) - using the leave button against spinners seems to almost guarantee you'll get stumped because the animation has you then leave your crease.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 34141

I’m going to agree with Dan and disagreeing with Prince well I never thought that was even possible. Haven’t bought the game based on the clips and patches already needed, money is a little tight and I just can’t justify paying for a game which is slightly different to DBC 17. Maybe in a few months time things might be different.
PC reviews don’t take them as serious because some are loyal dedicated fans and don’t believe there is much substance in them. BA are trying and this is no criticism.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I’m going to agree with Dan and disagreeing with Prince well I never thought that was even possible. Haven’t bought the game based on the clips and patches already needed, money is a little tight and I just can’t justify paying for a game which is slightly different to DBC 17. Maybe in a few months time things might be different.
PC reviews don’t take them as serious because some are loyal dedicated fans and don’t believe there is much substance in them. BA are trying and this is no criticism.
I actually thought this too before having played it, just having watched clips and read complaints etc. It 'feels' a lot more different to DBC17 than it looks in gameplay videos though.

Maybe you should wait a few weeks for the inevitable patch, then try it out then and get a refund if it doesn't work out for you (I think Steam is pretty much okay with people doing this). I'd definitely recommend finding a way to at least try the game out though.

D

Deleted member 34141

I actually thought this too before having played it, just having watched clips and read complaints etc. It 'feels' a lot more different to DBC17 than it looks in gameplay videos though.

Maybe you should wait a few weeks for the inevitable patch, then try it out then and get a refund if it doesn't work out for you (I think Steam is pretty much okay with people doing this). I'd definitely recommend finding a way to at least try the game out though.
I’m on the PS4 and yes could always trade, worse case scenario.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Between this one and don bradman which one do you guys reckon is the best. Specifically on the pc. Looking for a cricketing fix and can't decide between, not helped by their pricing on steam...

Bijed

International Regular
Between this one and don bradman which one do you guys reckon is the best. Specifically on the pc. Looking for a cricketing fix and can't decide between, not helped by their pricing on steam...
This one, definitely. I've played it quite a lot now at it's really an upgrade from DBC17 in every respect that I can think of.

D

Deleted member 34141

This one, definitely. I've played it quite a lot now at it's really an upgrade from DBC17 in every respect that I can think of.
The 60 odd people who still play this game like this :laugh:

MrPrez

International Debutant
Got this game at the end of last week and have found it truly great. Incredibly frustrating and challenging but man it's just so much better than the old EA Cricket games I used to play.

andmark

International Captain
Yeah, I like this game. The batting is better than on Don Bradman, which felt impossible to do.