• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Avatar Challenge

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Oh ****.

I seem to remember that you wanted to choose a different song, though?
Yeah, go with Waltzing Matilda I guess. TBH I was looking for some sort of stridently anti-British convict ballad like Botany Bay, but none of them have enough relevance to the Australian cricket team, and our national anthem is crap. Waltzing Matilda's a good tune though, so go with that. The end of the song, I suppose.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
FaaipDeOiad said:
This is a close one now. He's currently only 43 runs short of 400, but he's the 6th highest runscorer in the series after Ponting, Hussey, Pietersen, Collingwood and Clarke. Quite close to Clarke and Collingwood, so if he has a good 5th test you'll be changing your sig.
:ph34r: Hoggy, get fit...(and don't batter him with the short stuff...)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's looking the goods that i won't have to have anything in reference to Flintoff in my sig as his bowling is well over 32.5 and his batting well under 27.5 :D

Lee needs to lower his average by 10 for me to keep my beloved Ford Logo as my avatar... CARN BINGA!!!!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Clapo said:
It's looking the goods that i won't have to have anything in reference to Flintoff in my sig as his bowling is well over 32.5 and his batting well under 27.5 :D

Lee needs to lower his average by 10 for me to keep my beloved Ford Logo as my avatar... CARN BINGA!!!!
By 10? I thought you bet on 32.5? His average for the series is under 40 now.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i thought it was 29.5 ??? 32.5 is freddies bowling iirc

Either or.... Lee needs more than 6 wickets this test

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Fuller, burn in hell

I know I made the bet, but that's hardly the point
Haha, good man. I don't mind Jerusalem, so I wouldn't have minded having it in my sig if England had somehow managed to retain the Ashes. Pretty safe bet.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bah, now you tell me

Still, a bet's a bet, and I never shy away from my betting debts. In fact, it's the reason why I have short hair these last couple of years

PhoenixFire

International Coach
silentstriker said:
How about this..if Glenn McGrath is not the leading pace wicket taker, I will have in my signature:

"PhoenixFire is the greatest source of cricketing knowledge in the world, and I am but a humble servant at his feet."

For one month. And change my avatar to 'PhoenixFire's Slave'.

I feel safe SS, get your avatar of whatever I want ready................

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
If Matthew Hoggard averages under 30 in the series, I'll have him as my avatar for a month.

If England retain the Ashes, I'll have Vaughan as my avatar for a month.

If both occur, I'll have Gelman's thumbs.
13 wickets @ 37.38 for Hoggard. Should be safe here.

pasag

RTDAS
Wickets for Glenn McGrath - 15
Wickets for Andrew Flintoff - 10
BoyBrumby changing his avatar to Freddie Mercury - Priceless.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
James90 said:
If Martyn plays all five tests this series I'll have his opposite number's (Collingwood) picture up for a month.
Solid.

Need to spice it up a bit. If Pietersen scores more than Ponting in the fifth test (innings combined) then I'll make an avatar of Pietersen claiming that England will win the World Cup.

Only condition is if Ponting only bats once and Pietersen twice. Then I make an avatar highlighting the Ashes score.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
James90 said:
Solid.

Need to spice it up a bit. If Pietersen scores more than Ponting in the fifth test (innings combined) then I'll make an avatar of Pietersen claiming that England will win the World Cup.

Only condition is if Ponting only bats once and Pietersen twice. Then I make an avatar highlighting the Ashes score.
That's a cop-out. If either of them only bat once, you should take both of their first scores..

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
That's a cop-out. If either of them only bat once, you should take both of their first scores..
I think maybe his point was that if Ponting only bats once it'll probably mean that England got slaughtered again. :p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
FaaipDeOiad said:
I think maybe his point was that if Ponting only bats once it'll probably mean that England got slaughtered again. :p
I figured that, but KP could still have performed better...I mean let's be honest, on current form there's a fair chance of Aus only batting once