• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are Australia the supervillains of Test cricket?

Are Australia the villains of Global cricket

• Yes

• No

• Tim doesn't bring the Paine

Results are only viewable after voting.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
From the Australian captains I've seen in my lifetime I'd rank them as such.

Taylor > Waugh > Clarke > Ponting > Paine > Smith
Clarke probably ahead of Waugh. Was an astute tactical brain. Waugh and Ponting had benefit of terrific talent at their disposal. Ponting in particular looked a bit flat without his best players, 03-04 India tour for example. And once the greats retired, he looked largely clueless how to rebuild the team and made a lot of clangers.

For being the only captain who actually won a series in India in a looooooong while, Gilchrist deserves a honorable mention. Was really impressed how he marshalled the troops in the 2004 series.

Smith the cheat doesn't deserve a mention.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia are no longer the villains, they're just whatever

It's time to turn our attention to New Zealand. Their posters have been getting far too uppity on the back of HTB performances, have been sticking the boot in to Australia and furiously like farming in the BG match threads.

Unfortunately I can't conjure up any reason to hate on Kane.

DriveClub

International Regular

It's time to turn our attention to New Zealand. Their posters have been getting far too uppity on the back of HTB performances, have been sticking the boot in to Australia and furiously like farming in the BG match threads.

Agree the winds are changing. Have to cut this uprising at it's roots and restore order. Time for NZ to play Aus again and things will get back to normal.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant

Na, except from wannabe-Burgey Phlem, there is no Kiwi on this forum who has been ungracious.

cnerd123

likes this
to be a supervillain you have to be somewhat relevant, which NZ aren't.

Big 3 only otherwise no one cares.

Flem274*

123/5
good, goooood, it's slowly dawning on you what real evil looks like.
Na, except from wannabe-Burgey Phlem, there is no Kiwi on this forum who has been ungracious.
heh, slipping into this just makes me think you're a split personality of someone long term.

and i don't want to be burgey. id have to spend a grand on dinner and read books about boring laws on the bus because i forgot i drove to work, plus he spends far too much time arguing about food with some kid from hong kong who got abducted and reeducated by the communist party.

honestly it sounds like a massive step down from my current workload of jacking off to neil wagner celebrations and binge drinking during backyard cricket.