• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameeel

International Captain
Code:
[U]Bosco Cricket Club v Kipper XI[/U]

[B]Bosco CC[/B]: 9-2106

Carlton 496
Potter 422*

Brydon 3-264

[B]Result:[/B] Match Drawn
My all star bowling attack continues to impress :dry:

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
In the clash of my league rivals, Rickmansworth collapsed big style against Inter Yerma -- from 128/1 to 141ao! That means that, as predicted, I'm top by a point. Importantly, it also means that I've taken 4 more wickets over the course of the season, which could be pretty significant if we draw our match and end the season with 11 wins each, a loss and 2 draws.

Actually, that's crap -- he'd have one more loss than me in that case, so would lose out on that if we finished level on points.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Dynamo Morpork 263 all out (69)
James 108, Crouch 75, Herbert 34*; Grace 4/17, Cherry 2/72

The Bosstones three for five (3)
Roberts 1*, Remaketse 1*; Scott 3/0, Harris 2/3.

The Bosstones trail by 116 runs with 5 wickets in hand

Was ready to kill something after the first innings. Mildly happier now, but how 14 wickets have fallen in 29 overs on a flat track is beyond my grasp.

Last edited:

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Close of Play
Leicester Foxes 218/10 (91.4) & 310/10 (109.3)

BEST Indies 312/10 (86.2) & 119/5 (41.0)

Match Drawn
That no loss in 3 a dramatic improvement from the games before that.

PY

International Coach
How does promotion in FC work? Can't be bothered to find out the posts somewhere.

Is it top promotes auto and the rest play off against a bot who'll be crap?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Top promotes only, I think.

So there'll be four bots in division II next year.

Thus, insanely happy with

Dynamo Morpork 264 all out (61.3)
Porter 96, Maidens 56, Virk 44, Lewis 24; Cherry 3/32 (12), Everard 3/56 (10.3)

The Bosstones 408 all out (115.2)
Cherry 127, Oakes 110, Everard 88; Rock 3/72 (20.2), Scott 2/89 (23) Harris 2/91 (30)

James 108, Crouch 75, Herbert 34*; Grace 4/17 (14), Cherry 2/72 (19)

The Bosstones seven all out (11.3)
Roberts 3, Remaketse 1*; Scott seven for two (5.3), Harris three for five (6)

Dynamo Morpork won by 112 runs

:laugh:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Top promotes only, I think.

So there'll be four bots in division II next year.

Thus, insanely happy with

Dynamo Morpork 264 all out (61.3)
Porter 96, Maidens 56, Virk 44, Lewis 24; Cherry 3/32 (12), Everard 3/56 (10.3)

The Bosstones 408 all out (115.2)
Cherry 127, Oakes 110, Everard 88; Rock 3/72 (20.2), Scott 2/89 (23) Harris 2/91 (30)

James 108, Crouch 75, Herbert 34*; Grace 4/17 (14), Cherry 2/72 (19)

The Bosstones seven all out (11.3)
Roberts 3, Remaketse 1*; Scott seven for two (5.3), Harris three for five (6)

Dynamo Morpork won by 112 runs

:laugh:
Haha, thats the biggest difference in first innings/second innings score I've ever seen!

PY

International Coach
Looks like i might miss out as this is my last bid at just over 11.4 mill.

Why did you pray against PY :@
Who said anything about praying?

13m was ok by me, I spend 10.5m recently and had 12m in the bank so would've been gutted if there had been someone so cheap. Not that I didn't want you to get him, just not that cheap.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Random - had a potentially tricky OD match tomorrow which has just been made far easier by the fact that the guy has sold all his best players in the last week and is left with a squad of 14 generally poor and knackered players. Nice TIE victory then, that will go some way to making up for the hideous performance in FC this week.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Who said anything about praying?

13m was ok by me, I spend 10.5m recently and had 12m in the bank so would've been gutted if there had been someone so cheap. Not that I didn't want you to get him, just not that cheap.
haha yeah i know. Bummed i missed him. Hopefully someone else comes up that i can have a crack at.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Wanted to win this match, but we're 1/2 in the first over. Sunny deck, good batsmen, two wickets lost. Far out.

EDIT: Recovering nicely though. :)
End of Over 10: 54-2, runrate=5.40
Payton 5-0-36-0
Read* 28 (28 balls)
Hamlin 26 (29 balls)

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
Code:
End of Over 7: 14-1, runrate=2.00
Poke	4-1-7-1
Tulley*	4 (16 balls)
Arnold	7 (21 balls)
Last Wicket: Cuss b. Poke 0 (FOW: 3/1)
Cause im a crazy ****, i thought i should bowl through with Wikus and Poke on a sunny day. They wont bowl them out, but will be interesting to see who takes the rest of the wickets.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I decided to go on a GFI against 2nd (to ensure auto-promotion), and I threw Kerr & Mcinally in the top order with Gray, expecting them to make a quick 20 odd, leaving Gray to bat with Bhutia & Mcmillan. Alas, both Gray & Mcinally are gone for under 20...

End of Over 10: 53-2, runrate=5.30
Carmichael 5-0-27-0
Bhutia* 8 (13 balls)
Kerr 19 (14 balls)
Last Wicket: Gray b. Piper 14 (FOW: 39/2)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Same situation Robert. May the best teams (ours) win.

FC Prize Money double the OD stuff. Certainly changes my tactics around for the end of the season, even if it's not much money.

Bobisback

International Regular

FC Prize Money double the OD stuff. Certainly changes my tactics around for the end of the season, even if it's not much money.
Doesnt make my tactics any different, relagate and finish 2nd in V for 10 or so seasons.

In other news, wish they would just collapse.

Code:
End of Over 13: 36-3, runrate=2.77
Poke	7-1-19-1
Thandiwe*	8 (15 balls)
Victory	0 (1 balls)
Last Wicket: Arnold lbw b. Wikus 20 (FOW: 35/3)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year

Indeed. I'm also looking forward to my ratings... all my players are at sublime, barring Mcmillan (energetic) and Mullis (invigorated)... :D

Bhutia and Kerr are still going along nicely. Piper is this guy's only good bowler so hopefully these two survive, and then reap the rewards against a decidedly weak bowling attack. Mcmillan also to come next... could be interesting.

End of Over 15: 80-2, runrate=5.33
Piper 8-0-39-2
Bhutia* 24 (28 balls)
Kerr 30 (29 balls)
Last Wicket: Gray b. Piper 14 (FOW: 39/2)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
****!!!

In his last over, he takes Kerr. Ah well... at least Bhutia and Macca have 30 overs of nothin' but pies -

End of Over 19: 100-3, runrate=5.26
Piper 10-0-48-3
Bhutia* 33 (39 balls)
Mcmillan 4 (4 balls)
Last Wicket: Kerr c. Kiriella b. Piper 37 (FOW: 96/3)

Bobisback

International Regular
I think Wikus and Poke have forgotten how to bowl, assumed they would have taken more wickets than this, oh well.

Code:
End of Over 20: 59-4, runrate=2.95
Wikus	10-1-23-3
Thandiwe*	16 (33 balls)
Tumisang	0 (0 balls)
Last Wicket: Victory c. Beaumont b. Wikus 15 (FOW: 59/4)
Lets see what my Quality's can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.