• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha yeah - that's the hard thing. You're caught between two extremes. Either the uber-teams like RDX and The B Team (IIRC), or the II.* teams that you're too good for. At least I'll be able to find my niche in III for a couple of seasons :P

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Well, yesterday's FC match was suitably exciting -- bowled them out before lunch, and was chasing 119 for almost certain Div II glory..............and got skittled for about 50.

NOT impressed with my batsmen, who've obviously been taking hints from England.

So, it looks like a 3rd place finish for me.

In OD, I'm playing the bottom team, with a win securing me a relegation play-off. They're 53/1 from 10 overs, which is slightly worrying.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Playing a bot today, albeit a decent one, and if I win I should secure 1st place.

End of Over 18: 52-3, runrate=2.89
Hennessy 4-0-10-1
White* 3 (9 balls)
Whaley 5 (9 balls)

Last Wicket: Muir c. Bartlett b. Hennessy 21 (FOW: 44/3)

Nice tight start from my bowlers - wickets for Hennessy, Lucas and Woods.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
End of Over 1: 3-0, runrate=3.00, reqrunrate=2.22 (111-10)
Bunt 1-0-3-0
Kepler* 1 (2 balls)
Bartlett 2 (4 balls)

Solid effort to bowl out Batters Green Backs for 111 with the wickets shared between four bowlers - Lucas excelled with 4/18. Should chase this down pretty easily, although their seam bowlers are still packing a handy mediocre rating, in spite of fresh PFL and worthless form across the board.

Bobisback

International Regular
Won my game today convincingly, seals auto-promotion, put a shiny nickel on i get the same league as Robertinho, just so i get whalloped by 7 teams.

Some milestones after this match -

Wikus took his career average to 9.99. Last game he passed 200 career wickets, and is now sitting on 206, with 61 for the season.

Hocking pushed past 5000 career runs with his 21st century today. Averaging 111.37 @ 109.30 for his career.

Hiller took his career runs past 3500 runs averaging 115.74 @ 101.36

Beaumont has taken 63 catches and 7 stumpings in his 20 games this season, a very decent effort.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Won my game today convincingly, seals auto-promotion, put a shiny nickel on i get the same league as Robertinho, just so i get whalloped by 7 teams.

Some milestones after this match -

Wikus took his career average to 9.99. Last game he passed 200 career wickets, and is now sitting on 206, with 61 for the season.

Hocking pushed past 5000 career runs with his 21st century today. Averaging 111.37 @ 109.30 for his career.

Hiller took his career runs past 3500 runs averaging 115.74 @ 101.36

Beaumont has taken 63 catches and 7 stumpings in his 20 games this season, a very decent effort.
Haha, that's if I promote! I have a very tough game against 3rd next week, in addition to a very tough game against 3rd in my FC league, both of which will decide whether I promote. Besides, you know how fickle my batting is...you have bowlers with BTRs of over 10k, don't you? :(

Well, yesterday's FC match was suitably exciting -- bowled them out before lunch, and was chasing 119 for almost certain Div II glory..............and got skittled for about 50.

NOT impressed with my batsmen, who've obviously been taking hints from England.

So, it looks like a 3rd place finish for me.

In OD, I'm playing the bottom team, with a win securing me a relegation play-off. They're 53/1 from 10 overs, which is slightly worrying.
Very unfortunate there, mate. After cruising to 360 and declaring in the first innings, I would've backed you to chase down 119. It really does put you in a bit of a position though... no more easy, 4 bot Div II FC for you.

Last edited:

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Very unfortunate there, mate. After cruising to 360 and declaring in the first innings, I would've backed you to chase down 119. It really does put you in a bit of a position though... no more easy, 4 bot Div II FC for you.
Nope :(

I really am absolutely gutted -- I gambled on having to chase 200 fairly quickly, so set a couple of my batsmen a level more attacking (well, less defensive). There was absolutely no point going for the draw. All or nothing, and I got the latter.

Still, I've really enjoyed this season of FC. It'll be interesting to see the quality of sides that come up into III next season -- if anything, a tight league would suit me just fine.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Nope :(

I really am absolutely gutted -- I gambled on having to chase 200 fairly quickly, so set a couple of my batsmen a level more attacking (well, less defensive). There was absolutely no point going for the draw. All or nothing, and I got the latter.

Still, I've really enjoyed this season of FC. It'll be interesting to see the quality of sides that come up into III next season -- if anything, a tight league would suit me just fine.
Galling stuff. Especially after the Rickmansworth choke of last week. :(

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Batters Green Backs: 111/10 (37.3) Whaley 40 (54), Lucas 4/18 (9), Hennessy 3/27 (8.3)
The Heath CC: 112/1 (25) Bartlett 54* (71)

Easy win, lost Kepler for 37 along the way and would have liked to have knocked off the runs a bit more quickly, but we've almost certainly won the league now :cool:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
End of Over 39: 175-4, runrate=4.49, reqrunrate=3.82 (216-10)
Demerit 10-0-59-1
Lester* 43 (76 balls)
Virk 93 (105 balls)
Last Wicket: Porter c. Sandford b. Demerit 2 (FOW: 64/4)
38.6 . Demerit to Virk
Overpitched and driven straight to mid off who drops to his knees and makes sure he has everything behind it.
38.5 4 Demerit to Virk
Lovely technique by Virk. Wonderful straight drive back past Demerit. Great timing.
38.4 4 Demerit to Virk
Magnificent shot. Four runs.
38.3 4 Demerit to Virk
Short and picked up early. Four through mid wicket.
38.2 . Demerit to Virk
Good ball around the off stump, Virk stretches forward and pushes to point.
38.1 4 Demerit to Virk
Virk guards middle and leg, giving him room for a fantastic square cut. Four runs all the way.

Best over ever. Cut the required run rate by 1 an over against the league leaders.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Asterix XI 325/1
Ashton 154* (140), Watkins 102* (90), Janes 64 (71)

Peters Utd 157/10 (35.1)
Watkins 5-30 (7.1), Whitehorne 3-19 (5), Ellis 1-36 (8), Downer 1-49 (10)

Code:
[b]
	        Asterix XI 	Peters Utd[/b]
Top Order: 	elite   	exquisite
Middle Order: 	wonderful 	strong
Lower Order: 	feeble  	abysmal
Seam Bowling: 	elite   	superb
Spin Bowling: 	exquisite 	quality
Fielding: 	mediocre 	feeble
Pretty comprehensive win, GFI'd as I need to catch up on NRR. I'll be slightly ahead of Borderliners after this round, so it'll come down to the last match.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
End of Over 45: 215-9, runrate=4.78, reqrunrate=0.40 (216-10)

Maidens on strike. Need two for the win and a play-off. :ph34r:

Edit: Single. This one is tied...three dot balls...come on...BYE!!!!!

One wicket win. Tuck (abysmal/woeful) sees off four balls for the winning partnership. Most useful GFI ever. :D

Edit again: Hm. Still need something like a +2 NRR to make it into the play-off

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone got a spare 7m floating around? *sigh*

Would be the perfect no.8 for me

15. Bernard Carlsen m £6,995,000 (opening price)
Plays for: Bob's Buffoons Stamina: respectable W/Keeping: abysmal
Age: 22 years old Batting: competent Concentration: competent
BT Rating: 34,281 Bowling: remarkable Consistency: superb
Deadline: 24/12/2007 21:15 Fielding: mediocre

Status
Not open for further replies.