• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash chaulk

International Captain
And that's the end of the match. Viveash won by 8 wickets.
VCC 166-10
Viveash 168-2

End of Over 34: 168-2, runrate=4.94
Ingham 6-1-31-0
Wainwright* 79 (94 balls)
Benamar 16 (21 balls)

Hoggy31

International Captain
Hoggy31 said:
I will be lucky to win my friendly against Dylan tomorrow.

Resting about 6 or 7 regulars
As expected i lost

Made 237 a.o. batting first, Opened with the 19 year old youth player Poole in his first run, He made 7, Stubbs made 55 batting at 3 and Longrigg made a quick 54* batting at number 8

Played 4 seamers to find a decent partner for Gillan. 16 year old RFM bowler Phillips took 2/45..

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
steds said:
Lost my damn League game, but we're all pumped up at the thought of taking on Adamc's team tomorrow.
Looks like this could be a close one, my guys didn't bat too well after you sent me in. :(

Could've been a lot worse I guess, as my best three batsmen made a grand total of 24 runs between them. Bridge (45) and Gillespie (54) made a decent recovery, useful knocks from Gillete (38) and Oddy (23*... his first ever runs!) as well. Rocastle was the best of them with 61 off 55.

All out for 270 in 48.4 overs, should be an interesting chase. I guess I deserve to lose ten wickets after setting my top eight batsmen to 'aggressive' or 'very aggressive'. Looks like you've got some decent bowlers, Frampton in particular, Paynter and Hume did well also.

Last edited:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
ash chaulk said:
And that's the end of the match. Viveash won by 8 wickets.
VCC 166-10
Viveash 168-2

End of Over 34: 168-2, runrate=4.94
Ingham 6-1-31-0
Wainwright* 79 (94 balls)
Benamar 16 (21 balls)
I forgot to do tactic :(
but good game mate :) you bowled really well.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
steds said:
How wrong could you be?
Hehe, didn't expect to win by that much. Your batsmen gave me some help with two runouts though. Gillespie 3-16 and Holt 4-0 did well, Berry's opening spell was pretty poor but still picked up a wicket. The team looking in good touch for my league game this week.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Just managed to win my league match against the (former) #3 team to hold on to second spot on the table.

Won the toss and batted first on a flat track, had all my batsmen set to aggressive or higher, and made a pretty big total. Cuss led the way with his fifth century in 11 matches, 151* (123), Berry 61 (81), and Gillespie 97 (83). Made 354/4 in the end. Cuss is now heading the league averages once again with 1020 runs at 170.00.

It should have been an easy win, but somehow they managed to get close. Close meaning, within one run. Gillespie (2-55) and Badley (1-58) were the only ones conceding less than six an over, but fortunately it was just enough to secure the win.

Handy eight-point lead over #3 and #4 now, but I need #1 to lose a match (and drop its NRR) if I'm going to finish #1.

BTW Dylan, you need to accept the challenge today if it is going to be played.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Won my match on Friday

Player the former 3rd team also

They made 9/239

Gillan taking 5/37 from his 10

Got the runs in 44 overs - 4/241

Colley 84, Street 58

The win consolidates top spot

DJellett

International Debutant
LOL seeing as it says "yesterday" I think I'm outta time - sorry dude, unable to acess computers for a while because I ran off from a school excursion with 4 mates and got Maccas :p we all suspended, some ***** dobbed us in!

Status
Not open for further replies.