• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Andy Flower vs AB de Villiers - Better batsman keeper?

Better WKB

• Total voters

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I think someone here recently posted about AB spending more time opening vs keeping and Flower spent 90% of his test career keeping so I’ll take that easily.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Even though he did it a lot more often, Flower's keeping was not very good. I don't think it was much better than AB's if at all (AB was actually more naturally suited to it IMO) and I think AB was the better bat too, so I'll go with him.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Even though he did it a lot more often, Flower's keeping was not very good. I don't think it was better than AB's if at all (AB was actually more naturally suited to it IMO) and I think AB was the better bat too, so I'll go with him.
Huh. Never really knew that much about Flower’s keeping tbh, only on the face of it that he wasn’t anywhere near Gilchrist or even as good as Sanga. Also not an expert on AB’s keeping skill.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Huh. Never really knew that much about Flower’s keeping tbh, only on the face of it that he wasn’t anywhere near Gilchrist or even as good as Sanga. Also not an expert on AB’s keeping skill.
AB definitely masked blips in his technique with athleticism, but he made it work, never lost concentration and rarely made glaring errors. Flower took it more seriously but dropped clangers. I wouldn't want either of them keeping to a lot of spin on a turning track.