• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time HTB XIs

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Feels bloody harsh to pick Sehwag for this team - surely Desmond Haynes the better shout here?

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
On pure numbers, Trumper could be a pick. Home average is 50% higher than his away average. Don't know if there's an explanation for that.

shortpitched713

International Captain
On pure numbers, Trumper could be a pick. Home average is 50% higher than his away average. Don't know if there's an explanation for that.
He would be the definition of one, by this thread, if we are being consistent.

I mean, if we're calling Sanga one, when he did well in the majority of away conditions, then how could he not? He's only got 2 away countries ( and South Africa he only visited once for a couple matches ) to prove himself in, unlike the modern player whose got like 10 different places to play in and be branded an HTB, if he struggles in just a couple.

The whole exercise, to me just smacks of shifting goalposts to disparage more modern players, by setting up unrealistic standards, which weren't even considered for players of the past.

shortpitched713

International Captain
It's the nagging spouse method of argumentation. If I take away everything good you've ever done or contributed, you're nothing but a nose-picking snorer.