• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Formats Draft

watson

Banned
R7
Pothas - Shoaib Akhtar
kyear2 - Colin Croft
ohnoitsyou - Les Ames
watson - Mark Waugh
Aldo Raine - Desmond Haynes
GI Joe - Stan McCabe
Dan - Chaminda Vaas
Howe_zat - Ross Taylor
harsh.ag - Courtney Walsh
Saint Kopite - Yuvraj Singh
Blakus - Brett Lee
morgieb - Graeme Swann
Camo999 - Richie Benaud
Monk - Neil Harvey

R8
Monk - Harold Larwood
Camo999 - WG Grace
Morgieb - Gary Kirsten
Blakus - Clyde Walcott
Saint Kopite - Frank Worrell
Harsh.ag - Justin Langer
Howe_zat
Dan
GI Joe
Aldo Raine
Watson
Ohnoitsyou
Kyear2
Pothas

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah Langer is a possibly quite an inspired pick. Early in his career he was really terrible in OD cricket - I remember watching him play some arguably match-losing innings for Tassie in the format - but towards the end he really became quite good at it. Still always a very boundary-reliant player but he expanded his stroke range and really took advantage of the field restrictions, hence his success in T20. There was never a need for Australia to call him up because of the other riches they had but he really turned his limited overs game around in general.
Exactly my sentiments, PEWS. It's the pigeonhole effect all over again. As cricinfo put it, "With Langer, perception was everything." This pick was my way of giving him some tribute :)

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I mean, we'll need you to pee into a cup, harsh, to check for the possibility that you were under the influence when making the pick.

harsh.ag

Nah, T20 strike rate of 136 doesn't lie, nor does a stellar List A record. Plus at least he has good T20 and One-Day experience, as opposed to the other fantasy picks I had in mind.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Haha, I was so close to actually mentioning him when I made my Langer post. Would've felt like such a game-spoiling **** if I had and then you picked him now.
He actually turned around his OD game in time to be awesome at T20 pretty much from the outset. Makes hundreds no one else can.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Code:
5-day		50-over		20-over

Warner		Warner		Warner
Gayle		Gayle		Gayle
		Jayawardene	McCullum
Jayawardene			Jayawardene
Taylor		Taylor		Taylor
		McCullum	
McCullum

Ajmal		Ajmal		Ajmal
Malinga		Malinga		Malinga
McGrath		McGrath		McGrath

harsh.ag

Jayawardene is ranked #11 on the newly minted all time batsman list of cricrate too! But seriously, he became a very, very good LO player.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah Langer is a possibly quite an inspired pick. Early in his career he was really terrible in OD cricket - I remember watching him play some arguably match-losing innings for Tassie in the format - but towards the end he really became quite good at it. Still always a very boundary-reliant player but he expanded his stroke range and really took advantage of the field restrictions, hence his success in T20. There was never a need for Australia to call him up because of the other riches they had but he really turned his limited overs game around in general.
Sure you do.. :p

Howe_zat

Audio File
My first reaction to that post was "Oh, I didn't know Langer played for Tasmania early in his career. Better take Cribbage's word I guess"

I feel hurt and abused.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Zaheer Abbas

NFI how he's still available this late in the piece. Hugely underrated as an ODI batsman IMO, for a guy who averaged 45 at a strike rate in the high 80s in the early days of ODI cricket.
Not the perfect Test batsman, but still very, very good in the format. And given his ability to pick up how to be good at ODI cricket extremely quickly, ideally he'd do the same for the shortest format.

Dan Announcements Cross Format XI
1. Marcus Trescothick
2. -
3. -
4. Zaheer Abbas
5. AB de Villiers +
6. -
7. Mike Procter
8. Daniel Vettori
9. Mitchell Johnson
10. Chaminda Vaas
11. Muttiah Muralitharan