• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Tribute to Anil Kumble-For Completing 100 Tests

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
What a fine bowler !!

At least for now he tops this list of legends.

Player,,,,,,Wkts.....Avg
Kumble.....485.....27.98

McGrath.....451.....21.76
Warne........444.....26.56
Wasim.......409.....23.17
Botham.....383.....28.24
Walsh.......367.....25.65
Kapil.........354.....28.88

....at least till Murali plays another test match :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I hope Kumble passes the 500 wicket mark in the Pakistan series. You'd think if India are going to do well against Pakistan, Kumble will pick up at least 5 wickets per match, so its definitely on the cards. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jono said:
I hope Kumble passes the 500 wicket mark in the Pakistan series. You'd think if India are going to do well against Pakistan, Kumble will pick up at least 5 wickets per match, so its definitely on the cards. :)
I hope so too. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
At least for now he tops this list of legends.

Player,,,,,,Wkts.....Avg
Kumble.....485.....27.98

McGrath.....451.....21.76
Warne........444.....26.56
Wasim.......409.....23.17
Botham.....383.....28.24
Walsh.......367.....25.65
Kapil.........354.....28.88

....at least till Murali plays another test match :)
I am sorry. I missed mentioning that this is the list of bowlers who have played a hundred tests and their wickets tally at the end of the 100th test.

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
Mcgill is flattered by playing most of his tests on flattering wickets, without having to toil away in difficult spinning conditions, plus its easier to have a better record with a low amount of games.
Kumble is one of the best bowlers of all time and is lethal when on song. He is way above Mcgill.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Arrow said:
Mcgill is flattered by playing most of his tests on flattering wickets, without having to toil away in difficult spinning conditions, plus its easier to have a better record with a low amount of games.
Kumble is one of the best bowlers of all time and is lethal when on song. He is way above Mcgill.
Despite his record showing he has played numerous times at the GABBA, MCG and a long tour in the Windies and Pakistan... none of which can be described as overly spin "flattering wickets" surely.

Your argument about him having played a low amount of games is viable if the amount is less than say for arguments sake 10 (also think about it... it's easier to have a higher record with a high amount of games). However McGill's career has included 36 matches, which is easily enough to provide a true representation of his skills.