• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Pirates Life for Me

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well i seem to have been neglecting my diary recently and i must apologise. It seems that the upturn in my fortunes on the pitch has coincided with an upturn in my luck with the ladies, and ive consequently been a bit busier. Never fear, ill hopefully be getting back up to date soon enough.

Over the last few days i've managed to get out and enjoy some of the magnificent views around here, and the scenery isnt half bad either. I've also had some interesting matches on the pitch. We played San Fernando Thunderbirds in a 3 day match, and managed to recover from 165-7 to make 312. I took 3 wickets in reply but the match petered out into a bore draw. Ian got a classy century in the second innings and Sean got absolutely hammered round the park in both innings.

They had a few CW players in their XI and as it had been an amicable match we all went out on the town afterwards. It was interesting to see these characters again, though i think one night of them is enough. If Ian was Man of the Match, Kearsley was man of the night, 3 separate times he tried to crack on to a girl, three times he got slapped back, yet the lad must take credit for trying, and he did eventually end up with a girl called Norma, though as she was widely known as 'enormous' norma that probably wasnt a good thing.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well the next match must rank as one of the most boring in cricket history. About the most exciting thing in the whole match was Sherwin Ganga getting a 4 ball duck, how we laughed, Ian hit a solid 84 at a fair click, and Mohammed finished unbeaten on 77 from 91. In between however Imran Khan was the proverbial cure for all the insomniacs out there with 33 from 126. we delcared on 290-6.

Port of Spain then seemed to be on a mission to out bore us. CW player Lezema set the tone at Satyam Lam continued it through the middle order. They crawled to 421 all out from 152 overs and left us just 1 over to play out. They dont seem to like results round here.

Anyhow i organised a charity football match in aid of a local charity, we got most of the CW players down to form the nucleus of the 'Foreigners' team and we made sure that Ganga was involved for the locals. Dwight Yorke, on sabbatical from Birmingham City, provided the touch of class that the local side would surely need, with Tino Best partnering him upfront it was set to be a great match. Look out for the report soon!