• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A New Zealand XI Who Never Played Tests

lockton2skipper

U19 Debutant
Sean Tracy called up as standby on the 83 england tour . I saw him take 5 for at Scarborough vs EB close x1 .
I have a picture of him and most of the team . A lively pace bowler but that was it for his nz career.

Flem274*

123/5
being a bit generous and allowing a smattering of tests. this is more of a 'born in another time, they get a long career or at least a chance' side.

stewie dempster
greg hay
will young
martin donnelly
john f. reid
giff vivian
dane cleaver
andre adams
tom pritchard
lockie ferguson
jack cowie

several victims of the amatuer era and some guys unlucky enough to be younger than established guys in their prime. lockie ferguson has at least 10 tests by now if this is the 00s or even 2013.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
being a bit generous and allowing a smattering of tests. this is more of a 'born in another time, they get a long career or at least a chance' side.

stewie dempster
greg hay
will young
martin donnelly
john f. reid
giff vivian
dane cleaver
andre adams
tom pritchard
lockie ferguson
jack cowie

several victims of the amatuer era and some guys unlucky enough to be younger than established guys in their prime. lockie ferguson has at least 10 tests by now if this is the 00s or even 2013.
John F Reid played 19 tests and quit the game voluntarily I thought, or am I missing something there? If we need a middle order player with the criteria of say < 10 tests, Richard Jones or Gary Stead maybe.

Among the bowling spots, honourable mention for Heath Davis? Was always a bit of a wildcard for sure, but seemed to have turned a corner in 1996/97 before Tendulkar took him apart in the Independence Cup ODI and the management gave him the hot potato treatment immediately.

Last edited: