• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Location Location SubForum

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
I guess its a good thing that there wasnt more human life lost, but the damage looks awful... Its petered out now?

We're in the process of cancelling our imminent holiday to Jamaica, its a shame because not a particularly wealthy part of the world is going to have their tourism industry hit pretty hard for the moment...
It's still about and no one's really sure which part of the American East coast it will hit, but it's heading there on last check. At the moment it's fluctuating between force 5 and 4 but it should be running out of steam soon one hopes.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It's not likely to run out of steam whilst it's over the oceans, as that recharges it (as is my limited understanding of meterology.

Expect it to hit Louisiana, Alabama or Georgia. Hard.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil Pickup said:
It's not likely to run out of steam whilst it's over the oceans, as that recharges it (as is my limited understanding of meterology.

Expect it to hit Louisiana, Alabama or Georgia. Hard.
I expect it to hit land, but not as hard as initially expcted.

NikhilN

International Regular
whatever is left of ivan is headed to our town now :( not much...but its still a lot of rain...and now that Ivan is almost done another one is headed for the gulf...maybe even for US...it is near cuba right now...but looking at the direction it is going in it looks like it will hit the south part of FL

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
10 storms/hurricanes for the season so far, and it's still got a couple months to go...
Yes, but in Hertford, Hereford and Hampshire, hurricanes hardly happen.

NikhilN

International Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
10 storms/hurricanes for the season so far, and it's still got a couple months to go...
10 more will most likely come in the next couple of months...I feel sorry for the people who have to live in south usa...I feel sorry for my self because my town is now in a flood watch from whats left of Ivan